Chapter 8: A Sea Girl's Dream

The night was calm, the sea gently rocking the Going Merry as the crew slumbered below deck, unaware of the impending transformation that awaited Segal. Among those who remained awake, Zoro silently watched from the shadows, his eyes fixed on the hybrid who had walked out of Nami's room and now sat cross-legged at the front of the ship, gazing up at the rising moon.

It appeared as if Segal were meditating, but the faint, eerie glow emanating from her eyes told a different story. Zoro had heard whispers of these moon-induced trances, where hybrids communed with some higher power in a cryptic manner. It was as if fate itself spoke to them during these moments.

Segal's transformation began as her body shifted, subtle yet mesmerizing. Her normally warm eyes took on a luminescent quality, and her features seemed to blur as if she were caught between two worlds. Zoro had read about this in the history books, about how hybrids turned into monsters during the full moon, driven by an insatiable bloodlust.

As Segal entered her trance, her surroundings shifted dramatically. The world around her dissolved into a cosmic expanse, an otherworldly realm where stars and galaxies swirled like celestial paintings. She felt weightless, as if her consciousness had left her body behind. In this ethereal space, she sought answers, her thoughts reaching out like tendrils of light. '' What is my destiny?" she whispered into the vastness. The response came not in words, but in a symphony of twinkling stars and swirling nebulae, a cryptic dance of cosmic forces that left her with more questions than answers. A star so bright it nearly blinded her view. It was as if the universe itself held the key to her fate, and it beckoned her to continue her journey on the Going Merry, along with her newfound friends.

 Segal sat there, lost in her trance, Zoro remained hidden, observing every detail, every flicker of emotion that crossed her face. He was ready to intervene if things took a dangerous turn.

Eventually, Segal's eyes snapped open, and she blinked drowsily. The moon trance was often followed by a sense of inner peace, knowing the girl would be alright, or so she thought. 

It was at that moment that Zoro revealed himself, stepping forward with his swords drawn. His voice was gruff and laced with the weight of history. "Halfblood."

Segal's heart pounded in her chest, fear gripping her as she realized she was cornered on the deck of the ship. She scrambled to her feet and backed away from Zoro quickly, her hands gripping the railings behind her. That inner peace replaced itself by an overwhelming panic. She had no weapons in hand, and her combat skills on land were no match for the Pirate Hunter. She was vulnerable, and the terror in her eyes was evident.

''Please don't, Zoro. You don't know anything.'' The hybrid begged, looking over her shoulder to the treacherous waters below the ship, as tears of fear formed in her eyes. If it came down to it, she had to jump.

''History has a tendency to repeat itself.'' Zoro stepped forward, swords still in hand as if he was ready to strike. 

The fear itself was replaced by anger. Segal was fuming, she clenched her fists and stepped forward. It was out of character for the Hybrid to get furious. But Zoro reminding her she is a killing machine, was the last straw. 

''I could find a way to get you in that water.'' She spoke, her eyes turning cold. 
''Are you threatening me?'' Zoro asked, tilting his head to the side with a small smirk. ''If you even get the chance.'' 

Below deck, the sudden commotion roused Luffy and Sanji. They hurriedly made their way to the deck, alarmed by the sight before them. Zoro, swords drawn, and Segal, fueled by anger. 

Zoro wasted no time in voicing his accusation. "She's a halfblood."

The term "halfblood" was like a venomous insult, rooted in prejudice and fueled by ignorance. Those who had read the history books used it to dehumanize hybrids, painting them all as monsters and murderers.