Chapter 7

Chapter 7: consume or be consumed

swallowing the third orbs, he could feel his sense of taste slowly dying, of course holding himself from puking all of his organs out countless time.

kneeling on the dirt ground however he gagged at the much stronger aftertaste, after consuming the second orb he notice that his sanity has also taken a large hit as well, now on the third orb his sanity is basically half of his max amount.

the repulsive nature of the Grimm is fully showcased from consuming the orb, despite mentally enduring himself for consuming another of the orb. his mental fortitude is immediately broken and hypnotizing himself to swallow the damm thing is much more reliable.

recovering from consuming the orb he glanced at the subdued Beowolf under the nevermore grasp.

compared to the first beowolf he consumed the one currently subdued is much larger. it could be compared that the first Beowolf is as tall as him, while the one being subdued is unnaturally large even when compared to the many Beowolf in the show, this one is Large.

his nevermore despite smaller than the one during the beacon initiation is still as large as a house, yet it struggle trying to keep it on its claw. I repeat, a bird the size of a house...

"Struggle"

to subdued a single beowolf.

so... it can be seen how strong it is.

the nevermore thankfully acting like his loyal dog take the order to subdue the large beowolf seriously. in it eyes the order of the human beside him is the same as the command of the god of darkness.

it rather die before failing even a simple command from its master.

so thankfully despite the beowolf struggle, it respond in similar force. no matter how strong a normal Beowolf could be. it could never exceed the strength of a boss like grimm such as a giant nevermore that with its momentum has the capability exceeding that of a siege weapon.

opening his palm at the direction of the beowolf (Y/n) activated his semblance.

slowly the beowolf notice its body disintegrating, slowly yet surely it started to panic.

shaking its body trying to escape certain death.

killing the lightborn?

such subject is impossible to it.

yet under the watchful eye of the nevermore and its body slowly disintegrating under the hateful lightborn such struggle is meaningless.

before long nothing remain of the beowolf. its unnatural strength remain shrouded in the forest, unable to show its strength.

a black orb appear in his palm from the remain of the beowolf.

considering how strong such beowolf it came from in contrast to the first beowolf he consumed,

"This will be unpleasant..."

with drained expression he prepared himself.

-Crack

suddenly a crack appear in perfectly clear glass like orb.

before he could recognize what happened the orb in his palm collapse into thin air as the same ash that grimm corpse made of.

both (Y/n) and the giant nevermore freeze motionlessly looking the formerly collapsing orb.

a blue window appear just as he tried to comprehend the sudden phenomenon

---

[Despair Collection Failed, Unable to consume grimm much higher than the host level]

---

and he got his answer.

its a shame of course for a failure, however considering he found his current limitation he decided to ignore what happened for now.

the nevermore beside him tried to comfort him.

while not one of a kind. its still a shame that such a great quality beowolf simply... poof to nothingness.

however he also feel a sense of joy of not needing to consume anymore shit.

in fact he completely lost his sense of time, only realizing when the night sky slowly light up.

is it 4 or 5 am?

he's not sure.

hell he's not sure if the brighten up night sky is a hallucination or not.

the bounty for today is already satisfying enough for him.

if he become more greedy than with his sanity nearly lowering below the 50 percent mark.

he would be the one consumed instead.

he thought he already get rid of all his stupidity, but he recklessly forgot that he was a human without an Aura, weaker than many citizen in remnant.

'my low sanity is slowly affecting me...'

reflecting from today he understand many fault and limitation of his ability.

walking back to the village he desummoned the giant nevermore to gain back his sanity again.

of course he could fly back to the village using the giant nevermore, however unsurprisingly the technology advancement is wild, as the village wall is stacked with missile battery to take out flying grimm and advance sentry by his world standard.

classic remnant, it tech pogress maybe stuck between a medival and sci fi setting. however there is always a gun if not inside a sword then in a wall?

he maybe reckless due to his lowered sanity however he still have enough cognition to realize how idiotic it is to lost his giant nevermore by missile battery.

the guard maybe a annoyance to him normally

of course with a Dreadtraxer, then reality of living creature become his bitch.

 its white pigeon form perceive by creature with a soul has a capability to severely alter the sense of a living organism by touching both  the consciousness as well as the soul.

a Kyoka suigetsu or a guaranteed D20 in stealth.