Chapter 2: The Nature of my Superpowers

It is odd when someone asks you what your favourite day is. It's not something common to ask, because what will they ever answer?

Someone will say their birthday, Christmas Eve, Halloween, Valentine's Day, or even the end of the school year.

Honestly, if someone does ask me this question, I'm not going to say something obvious because, differently from others, I do have a favourite day.

September 1st, this day, this day specifically, is really and really important for me. Because this specific day is where my life took a huge turn that completely changed my life.

Of course, to everybody who is reading this, they will never understand why it is important to me, and even if I explain it, you still cannot understand why. Let me ask you a question: do you believe in heroes? Of course, everybody does, for example, a firefighter, a doctor, a policeman, or even a brave Samaritan who will risk their life to save others.

Now let me ask you another question: do you believe in superheroes?

The answer you may give is simple: how can superheroes even exist? They are all fiction, and they appear straight from a comic book.

Ok, so let me explain one thing: just don't tell anyone. Superheroes do exist—not the generic hero but one with superpowers, for example, flight, laser eyes, or super strength—or something like that.

You may be thinking I'm crazy, especially
You're clearly unhinged from the last statement I made in my previous letter.

How can I be the same child that "died" in the comic?

Is fairly complicated to explain.

Okay, fellow reader, it is time to talk about a story when my world experienced the most unexplainable event that has and will change the entire universe.

You see there, mister or miss reader, I'm going to reveal a part of me, a story that I never told anyone, except for my dear wife. I asked you guys before you if superheroes exist, and to answer my own question, yes, they do exist.
Let's start by talking about my youth.

I was a youngster like everybody else, and I remember when I was a kid, I enjoyed playing with my toys or with family and friends, and it was a normal day. In the wake of the morning, you go outside in the park with a bright and sunny day and the cold breeze tickling you everywhere. I was simply enjoying the nature called life, until suddenly there was an explosion. Don't worry, I wasn't near the explosion, but I heard it in the distance, and it startled me, making my blood run cold.

Of course, at that time, I was afraid because I was little, and hearing that explosion scared me. I didn't know what to do. I started running away, trying to find my parents, but I couldn't find them. I realised afterwards that I had walked far away from them, so I was alone in the park, until a craze man arrived with inhuman abilities.
I didn't know what to do; I was afraid. My first instinct is to run as far as possible. But my legs wouldn't stop shaking.

I stood still, and when the crazy person jumped right at me, I closed my eyes, bracing for the impact. It was suddenly dark; I didn't know what happened. When I finally took a peak, I realised there was someone standing right in front of me.

It was a really big man, twice my size; he was standing in front of me, saving my life. He blocked the killing blow.

He looked behind me, assuring me I was safe. After he fought that man, it was a clear battle that ended with the hood guy's victor.

I should have run instead. I was staring like a spectator in a standout cheer for the winning team.

Distracted I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings because suddenly another man grabbed me while hiding a grenade. I was frightened; I wanted to cry, but the man who saved me assured me that he would save me.