Chapter 4

At first, he thought to leave Percy alone, after telling him, more and more times, not to touch anything, but after the human made a soul cry, asking him how he died and how it was being dead, he decided that maybe it was better to stay with him.

"Look at you, you found a new puppy!" commented Darab with sarcasm.

"I think he doesn't like me", exclaimed Percy when the soul left them.

"Darab doesn't like anyone, don't take it personally."

"So where are we going?"

"In a place where it's better if you don't come in", he answered, stopping in front of a cage.

"What's in there?" asked the human, shivering. He was sure he could sense what there was inside.

"A dog."

"A dog?"

"A big dog that could tear you apart in a blink of an eye, so if you want to go back home, stay here, don't move, don't talk, i know it's hard for you, but try, please."

"You don't need to talk to me as if i'm a child."

He took a few steps toward him, and despite the human was much taller, he knew that in that moment, Percy felt smaller in front of him.

"I'm a god, you're like a child to me and you're in my reign, so you better behave."

"Or what?" he teased him.

He sighed, he didn't remember humans to be that annoying, and brave.

Leaving Percy behind, he opened the gate and walked inside the cage.

" It's me", he announced to the dog.

Cerberus could recognize him by the smell, but once he attacked him for mistake, and since then he always preferred to tell the dog that he was coming, so he wouldn't have found himself with a cut hand like the last time.

After a few steps, he felt a warm breath on his neck. He turned around and the dog was right behind him.

He couldn't help but smile seeing such a big and scary creature, with its three heads, red eyes and sharp teeth, wiggling at him.

"Hey puppy!" he exclaimed patting the dog.

Cerberus was a gift from his brothers, after they basically condemned him to that reign they thought that maybe he would have appreciated some company, and even though he hated them, he was grateful for that gift.

He was feeding the dog when a sound echoed in the cage, the sound of a human sneezing. Souls didn't sneeze and Cerberus had been trained to keep the souls inside and everyone else outside the reign, at every cost.

Before he could say or do anything, Cerberus had already started to run toward Chanyeol.

He heard him screaming.

He brought him there to save him and now, because of him, he was dead.

"I shouldn't have brought him here. I shouldn't have even looked at him, i was stupid and-"

Wait, was that a laugh?

He ran toward the exit of the cage and he couldn't believe his eyes. Cerberus, like a normal dog, was playing with Chanyeol who was rubbing his belly.

"You didn't tell me you had such a cute dog!" he exclaimed, smiling at him.

"No no, that is not possible, how is that possible?"

Cerberus was licking Chanyeol.

"What did you do to him, human?"

" I scratched his ears? But he loves when i touch his butt!" he answered laughing.