.06

nia's pov <3

~ location: nia's condo

It's been another full week with Vinnie living here. Dealing with his addiction had me feeling like I was the one on drugs. This whole situation is making me exhausted. To top it all off, tonight, me and Vinnie had to get ready to go to a dinner on the beach with everyone. I knew it was going to be nice and all, but all I can think about is what happens behind closed doors in my house with Vinnie.

I'm seeing a side to him that I've never really seen before. Especially when I took care of him and bathed him in the bathroom. When he told me those things, those words stuck with me ever since. He said such extreme things that have such powerful meaning behind them. It's hard to even wrap my head around the fact that it's possibly how Vinnie really feels about me.

"Vinnie are you ready ?!" I shouted out to him while making sure my hairdo looked perfect for the dinner. He walked into the bathroom, his chest hanging out of his button up shirt, tattoos scattered across his body. He walked in slowly, sniffing a little and doing a tiny head shake. I could tell he did a line before approaching the bathroom. "Yea yea, I'm good." He said to me rushing his words out.

"You look beautiful." He said looking down into my face. "Thank you." I said dryly with a half smile on my face. It was extremely hard for me to look Vinnie in the face everyday knowing what's going on behind social media. He's never done it in front of me, but I can tell when he's high off his ass. His hand placement made my stomach flutter. The way it rested on the small of my back. "You ready to go ?" He asked me. "Yea, I don't want to waste another second." I said looking back at him and smiling.

•••

Me and Vinnie arrived at the far side of the beach after parking. He turned off the car. "Vinnie, maybe I should drive us home, hm?" I assured him. "For what Nia ?" He asked me, already getting irritated at what I said. "Why do you sound irritated, I just don't want you driving us home if ..." I said stopping myself. I couldn't say it, it would just land in another huge fight with him. And I definitely didn't want that.

"You know what, maybe you need to do it too, it'll help you lighten the fuck up." He said turning his head to look over at me.

I know he didn't just say that to me.

"Seriously Vin, go to the deepest part of hell." I said quickly grabbing my stuff. I just wanted to get the fuck out of the car. I felt him grab onto my arm, not letting me move an inch. He slowly leaned into my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck. "See, this is why we should've stayed home so I can handle this." He said softly to me. I felt my stomach fluttering. I feel like a 12 year old who just discovered her first crush.

I turned to him, our noses practically touching. "No, I'd be the one to handle it." I said taking his hand off of my arm. "That's what you really think huh ?" He responded to what I said. "It's what I know." I said correcting him. I was tired of doing this with him. It's the same old shit with him. He does his drugs, pisses me off, then blows up on me like I'm the problem. He's self destructive.

Out of no where, he started the car up. He rested his hand on the other door and locked all of them. "What are you doing ? We have to go to the dinner and then make it to the after party." I told him. He completely ignored me. Didn't even act like I was there, and pulled out of the parking lot. "Vinnie, your my fucking ride to the after party ! I'm not gonna miss this whole night because you want to act like a childish little bitch !" I yelled at him. Starting to freak out, because I promised Aliyah I would be there, and I hate breaking promises.

Something that Vinnie has absolutely no problem doing. "Just put your seatbelt on and shut the fuck up." He said lowly to me. He sounded over it. I just sat back and looked out the window. That was all I could do at this point. I couldn't leave if I wanted to, my car was in the shop.