t h r e e

Tsukishima woke up to a knock on his bedroom door. "Sorry, I'll just be a minute." He yelled. "Oh, I was hoping I could just come on in."
"Tadashi? Yeah, come in."

The honey eyed boy got out of bed and made it, straightening out his quilt and fluffing out his pillows. "I didn't expect you here." Tsukishima iniatiated the conversation. "Well, Yachi helps Hinata and Kageyama study on the weekend and, besides, we have our match to watch don't we?"

Tsukishima smiled and walked towards his bedroom door where Yamaguchi was stood. "Yeah. I'll make us some toast." The two walked in sync to the kitchen and Tsukishima placed 4 slices of bread into the toaster. "Are you wanting butter or jam on yours?"
"Jam!" An excited voice called out.

The blonde got the jam ready and set out two plates just in time for the toaster to finish it's job. He carefully spread the jam out and picked out some yoghurts from the fridge. "I'll carry mine, Tsukki. Your hand is still bandaged up."

Yamaguchi set his plate down on his lap and grabbed the TV remote, locating the recorded section within the hefty amount of navigation options. "You ready, Tsukki?" Tsukishima nodded as he took the first bite out of his toast. The stadium appeared on the screen and the team introductions immediately began rolling out.

"Number eleven, middle blocker, Tsukishima Kei." The lady's voice spoke out. "Oh my gosh, Tsukki! I totally saw you holding back that sneeze."
"I'm going to regret telling you that information."
"Aw, but Tsukki it's cute."

Yamaguchi really had a talent for making Tsukishima flustered and this was one of those moments. His cheeks turned crimson red as he played that on repeat in his head. Yamaguchi just called him cute.

"Boring, I'm skipping Shiratorizawa." Yamaguchi skipped to the start of the match and they continued watching their own actions. It was a strange concept watching them play from a third person's perspective, yet it was so satisfying to not be in that moment and spectate.

"Wow! Ushiwaka's spikes are so scary on TV, too. How did Nishinoya ever manage to adjust to them so fast?"
"He was literally asking for them to be sent to him, too."

They indulged in their toast and Yamaguchi pointed. "Ah, Tsukki! You got a close-up." Tendou appeared on screen and Yamaguchi's face soured. "You really don't like him, do you?"
"No! He stopped my serve and began singing."
"He was singing? Yeah, that guy is pretty odd, but he's a good player."

Tsukishima had finally began deflecting blocks and seeing the surprise and anger from Shiratorizawa being shown for the world to see filled him with a sense of pride. "Man, Tsukki, they really didn't like you."
"I know. It made me happy."
"You do love shutting their blocks out."

Yamaguchi finished his breakfast and grabbed a blanket, moving closer towards Tsukishima. He turned himself into a little burrito and leaned against his friend's right arm , eyes not looking away from the match. "You're warm, Tsukki." And, just like that, another blush. "It's probably just your blanket."

Yamaguchi smiled when he saw Shiratorizawa reach 20 points in their second set. "Here we go, the star of the court. See how everyone is looking at you on the court?" The camera showed the mood for Karasuno go from tense to relieved and, for Shiratorizawa, confident to confused. Even though his serve was perfect, it was put to an end and he was subbed off of the court. "See, you played so well." Yamaguchi nodded. "Yeah, it was fun."

Eventually, the moment came where Tsukishima performed his best block by far. The camera swapped to a low angle and Tsukishima crouched down, his fists clenched as he celebrated finding his passion for the sport. "That was so cool. You almost had us all crying from joy. Sugawara was so proud of you."