Chapter 8

Ryder gets out two extra hoses and plugs them into two nearby fire hydrants while handing one hose to Chase as he holds the other, then turns on the water from the fire hydrants.  Since Marshall is usually the one who puts out fires, Chase was struggling to hold the water-filled hose in his paws.

Chase:  Ryder sir?  This hose is slippery and can't aim it up like you

Chase end up spraying himself in the face

Ryder:  Hold it like this Chase and aim straight upward, there you are doing great!

It took a long time, but the fire was finally extinguished

Mr.  Porter came running up to his burnt apartment

Mr Porter: Oh my!  What has happened to my apartment and how did it catch on fire?

Chase hid behind Ryder's legs for he was still naked and he didn't want Mr. Porter to see him like this

Ryder:  Well I...

Alex:  It's all my fault dad, I was trying to make smores on the stove and I wasn't paying attention and the fire got on the curtains and soon the whole house was in flames!  You must really be angry with me, right Dad?

Mr. Porter:  Yes, but the important thing is you're safe Alex

Mr Porter hugs his son

Alex:  But where are we going to live now Dad?

Mr. Porter:  I don't know son.

Rocky gets changed back into his usual green pup pack

Rocky: We will build you a new apartment building Mr. Porter, right Ryder?

Ryder:  That is correct Rocky, but first let me get one bad pup home...

Ryder looks at Chase who is crying

Ryder: Then I will get the pups we need.  Marshall, we won't need you for this, so you can head back to the lookout. Chase and I will join you shortly

So Marshall took off after getting his gear and fire hydrants turned off as Ryder followed him with a teary-eyed Chase.

At the lookout, Ryder assigned the pups he needed

Ryder:  Rubble and Skye?  I need you two to get your rigs and follow me, we have work to do.

Ryder:  As for you Chase, go to your puphouse and stay there, you're grounded for one week!

Chase's ears folded over to the sides of his face, he said nothing but did as he was told and went to his puphouse and closed the door.  Ryder could hear bawling in Chase's house, but chose to ignore it.