6: Priorities

**Chapter 6: Priorities**

The weekend had arrived, and the excitement was palpable among the students of U.A. High School. The re-release of "The Naruto Last Movie" had the whole school buzzing. Shoto, Izuku, and Uraraka had made plans to watch it together, hoping to relive the iconic moments of the legendary ninja on the big screen.

However, the universe seemed to have other plans for Shoto.

As he got home on Friday evening, Rei, Shoto's mother, announced that they would be visiting an orphanage the next day. It was a tradition in the Todoroki family to perform a charitable act on the birthdays of family members who were away from home. Since Toya, Shoto's older brother, was in Australia and couldn't celebrate with them, they had decided to spread some joy among children who needed it.

"But Mom," Shoto protested, "I have plans with Izuku and Uraraka tomorrow. We've been looking forward to this for weeks."

Rei looked at Shoto with understanding but unwavering eyes. "Your brother is miles away, and this is our way of staying connected to him. Family comes first, Shoto."

Shoto's sister, Fuyumi, overhearing the conversation, chuckled from the next room, "Ooh! He wants to meet his girlfriend, Mom. Let him go!"

Shoto's cheeks turned a shade redder, "Fuyumi! It's not like that."

Despite the teasing, Rei's decision was firm. "It's important that we stick together as a family, especially on days like this. You'll have other opportunities to watch movies, Shoto."

Shoto took a deep breath, grappling with disappointment and understanding. "Alright, Mom," he finally conceded.

The next day, as Shoto and his family made their way to the orphanage, he couldn't help but think of Izuku and Uraraka. However, as he looked at the smiles on the faces of the orphans, his heart warmed. The joy they brought to those children was irreplaceable. In that moment, he realized that while watching a movie was a fleeting pleasure, making a difference in someone's life left an imprint that lasted forever.