36: Broken

**Chapter 36: Broken**

The school's gym echoed with the sounds of sneakers squeaking against the polished floor, the whistles from the coach, and the excited shouts of students playing football. Shoto, immersed in the game, maneuvered the ball skillfully, scoring for his team. His heart raced, not just from the exertion but also from the thrill of the game.

But amidst the cheering and high fives, Shoto realized that Bakugou was nowhere to be seen. A pang of worry shot through him. He remembered Bakugou's reluctance to join the game, citing health reasons. Leaving the game abruptly, Shoto began searching the school premises for his friend.

Turning a corner, a sight met Shoto's eyes that made his heart plummet – Bakugou was on the ground, beaten, bruised, and unconscious. Around him, a group of boys sneered and jeered, clearly having targeted Bakugou.

Overwhelmed with anger and concern, Shoto ran up to them. "What the hell did you do?!" he shouted, his eyes blazing.

One of the boys stepped forward, smirking, "He had it coming."

Ignoring them, Shoto gently cradled Bakugou in his arms, noticing the wounds and the blood. "Stay with me, Bakugou," he whispered, fearing for his friend.

Rushing to the school clinic, Shoto shouted for help. The school nurse, seeing the condition Bakugou was in, quickly attended to him, trying to assess his injuries.

Hours felt like years for Shoto as he waited outside the clinic, his worry gnawing at him. What had caused this brutal attack? Why target Bakugou? Thoughts raced through his mind, but his foremost concern was Bakugou's well-being.

After what felt like an eternity, the nurse finally emerged. "He's stable now," she said, seeing the evident worry on Shoto's face. "He's taken quite a beating, but he should recover with some rest."

Nodding, Shoto quietly thanked the nurse, promising to stay with Bakugou. As he sat beside his boyfriend's bed, holding his hand, Shoto made a silent vow to protect Bakugou and to find out the truth behind this attack.