𝟏𝟐.

POTENTIAL THREAT ✓

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ

. . . Y/N . . .

"SECTION 16, SECTION 16

"SECTION 16, SECTION 16... Here it is, right here. " After noticing where Pepper was pointing, we followed her to the door, where she tried her key card. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work. Pepper, on the other hand, tries again, her face betraying her confusion, but the results remain the same. "My key's not working. It's not opening the door."

She gestured to Coulson, who acknowledged her with a nod before a few agents started attaching something to the door. Understanding what the agents were doing, I stood back and turned away from the door. Pepper's enthusiastic voice tinged with curiosity asked, "Wow! What's that? Is it like a little device? Like a thing that's going to pick the lock?"

"You might want to take a few steps back." Coulson simply placed a hand on her back, leading her to where I was standing.

Bewildered, she complied anyway and stood next to me. There was some shuffling before we heard a boom. Feeling that it was most likely safe, I turned around and walked towards the now blown-out door. 

Peeking inside briefly, I noticed it was a hallway. Leaning away from the door and against the wall beside it, I watched as some agents took their guns out of their holsters after confirming that everything was clear. After each agent entered the hall, Pepper followed closely behind them. Coulson, who was the last to enter, was about to do so when I stopped him by putting my arm out.