65

Leila

"Girl, be glad y'all left when y'all left." Anna stressed

"It got that bad?"

"Bad? Bad is an understatement. Shit just went down hill when they switched deejays." Kareem added. "And then all the faculty and parents who chaperoned, they decided to get in on the fun." He said making air quotes.

"Yikes." I cringed. "Wait, what happened at Brian's after party?"

"Girl police came and shut it down." Anna spoke.

"When the four of us were leaving down the street the police came speeding up. Apparently a neighbor called them when they saw the amount of people." Kareem said.

"Damn."

"And from what I heard, they found drugs on n time of the alcohol. Pills and blow."

"Wow. Good thing y'all left when y'all did."

"Right. But you know Brian won't face any consequences."

"Mhmm." I rolled my eyes.

Having lunch and getting filled in on the events from Saturday, I wasn't really surprised by anything they told me. After Josh and I had slept half the day away, our families decided to have an out day so we went to the beach. More and more I was getting comfortable with our family outings and Josh was as well. He had accepted it and him and my father were actually getting closer that before.

"How was your beach day yesterday?" Anna asked.

"Relaxing after waking up with my man." I smirked.

"Josh slept over?" She asked surprised.

"Yes a nigga did." I heard behind me followed by his lips on my neck. "Wassup love, y'all?"

"We're good, we want to know about y'all little sleep over though." Kareem smirked.

"Yeah. Your parents were fine with it?"

"Listen, I'm just as surprised as y'all." I laughed.

"They know nothing happened." Josh shrugged.

"That's true because parents be knowing."

When Kareem said that we all laughed. As we continued conversing, Elijah had joined us. Talking more about our trips, the excitement was there, even for the Europe one, though our parents will be on it.

"I just have a couple more outfits to get and then I'm all set for Mexico." Anna spoke.

"Same." Kareem added.

"What about yall?"

"We got all our shit already." Josh spoke for us.

"Well shit." Kareem exclaimed.

"My man is organized."

"Next y'all gonna say yall bags done packed." Elijah joked.

"Been packed." I shrugged and ate.

"I ain't bout that last minute packing and neither is my girl. When shit was confirmed, we hit up Shein and a couple other online boutiques and got our stuff, washed them shits and packed."

"Y'all are annoying." Anna rolled her eyes as we all laughed.

"We'll plan ahead like for Europe love, don't worry." Elijah kissed her on her cheek.

"Whatever." She mumbled and pushed him as we laughed.

Continuing our lunch, we just sat and conversed among ourselves.