A story?

"Can I tell you a story?"

"Please, go for it."

"There were demons before Muzan's time, you know."

"..what?"

"Long before him, possibly back when the world was created."

"That's over millions of years old though.."

"Yes, but these demons were different from the ones today."

"What happened to them?"

"They were all killed about twenty years before Muzan's time."

"Oh..that explains it. What made them different, though?"

"Listen closely. I will tell you in the perspective of the one who survived the mass extinction."

1st person POV

   Why? We didn't deserve this.

   They're after me.

   I don't think I'll make it.

   Everyone else is dead.

   If I die, then I'd like to remember. Remember everything, so that maybe someday, someone will know the truth.

   I was laughing, running from my friends as we played tag. It was a beautiful day. " ____, you're it!" My friend Kaiane Akaso shouted while running. I sighed, starting to run after a demon when I suddenly tripped. "Hah, that was super funny!" A village boy, maybe 17 years old with four more behind him. "Go away you old stuffy idiots!" Akaso shouted, running over to help me up. "Thanks," I quietly thanked her. "What are you going to do about it, you ugly creatures?" The boys laughed in our faces.

   They're getting closer.

   Please, anyone out there, I might not make it, so I'm entrusting you with these memories, okay?

   ..it's hopeless.

   The water..it's getting closer.

   Please, just a little farther..

   3,000 years later. I'm 4,000 years old. I can't believe what's happened. Akaso died pretty quick, as did those village boys. I still love her to this day. They're only human, after all. My other demon friends matured, as did I, but left me behind. Sometimes, if we run into each other, they'll call me ugly and monstrous. Aren't they, too?
..sometimes I wonder, though.
What if they're right?

   I made it to the water.

   They're sending boats to catch me.

   The lake is pretty deep.

   I wonder, if I can swim to the bottom, will they be able to kill me?

   5,000 years later. Tragedy has struck. I'm 9,000 years old now. Everyone is evacuating. These people...we didn't do anything. Why are they killing us now? None of us killed anyone. We were so nice. I must keep going. For Akaso. For my friends who were killed by these people. For my family. If I can get some of us to the water, I can protect those demons. Keep going.