forty seven

January 10th:
Fashion show day

I held the notebook to my chest checking over the names, "If you open it and close it? I don't know how you feel about that but the girl doing it originally got sick."

"Yeah got it liv, thanks." One of my models smiled as she got her hair styled, the morning of the annual livvyboutique fashion show was always hectic. Incredibly so. But even more this year considering three of my models had dropped out last minute and we had more guests attending than ever.

Whether it was because they were actually curious to see the new clothing or because they wanted to be the first to write an article hating on me, I didn't know. I also decided to not care.

"Clem," I called out after my friend Clementine "Start with the silver top not the white dress, the order was on your door."

It wasn't a secret I'm a stress head when it comes to these sorts of things, bossy too and unfortunately my friends saw the worst of it. My friends all model for my line, Clementine, Octavia, Mila, Rosalynd and Lulu. Usually I would have Adeline opening and closing the show but this year she dropped out...

So we had newbies of which I had come across over the last few months, but I was more than happy with the outcome, we have some new amazing girls and I'm ready to see them work. For the first time ever the show is completely sold out and we have estimated ninety thousand guests at minimum.

Hence why the show was taking place in New York this year, unusual for us considering the last four occurred in Monaco, "Max coming liv?" Tavi asked as she had her makeup finished and considering the show would begin in thirty minutes, I was panicking nobody would be done in time.

"He can't make it," I told her, looking at the wall of designs one last time "He took his sister home last night, flights won't let him be here in time."

"His sister? Uh she's over there." Octavia pointed out to the left, "I mean does she live here? And why does Max need to fly her around?"

"No!," I dismissed, "Not Victoria, Blue Jaye!"

Since we'd lost a lot of models I'd decided to ask Victoria Verstappen if she fancied giving it a go, not that she had ever modelled before but she's a pretty girl and I wanted to give her a chance, not only that but to meet up with her again. I hadn't seen her since Max's last race in Brazil which she came to with her husband.

"Blue Jaye? I missed a few chapters." She shrugged before her makeup artist moved her hair to do more touch ups, "Stop biting your nails Liv, they're expensive." She then replied.

"Your eyes are closed!" I replied shocked that she could see what I was doing, she raised a brow but kept her eyes shut "I know you Olivia, now quit it."

———-

"Okay music... right and go! Goodluck!" I whisper shouted to the first model named Chloe who nodded to me gently before walking out, the room was absolutely packed with people and my nerves were increasing by the second.

The girls were all stood in line and ready to go, everything going to plan as the guests began filming the looks and clapping to them. That was until "Hey liv, where am I going?" Adeline asked, walking to me backstage, her makeup done and hair up.

exactly what we had discussed months ago.

"Adeline?," My mouth gaped "I- what why are you even here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here?" She shrugged, seemingly confused herself as she watched the girls walk out onto the runway.

"Um," I was confused, beyond it in fact and just uncomfortably nodded, "Get the blazer dress on, the baby pink one... go behind mila."