11

The scorching sensation on her skin made Rilka groan. Her entire body ached, and the girl's vision felt blurry.

"Calm down, you'll be okay."

A soothing cold sensation now touched Rilka. Al' Kaar seemed to have removed the remaining cloth clinging to the girl's skin before pouring water again.

"Sleep, I'll watch over you."

His words were like a sedative. A sudden drowsiness emerged, causing the girl to fall asleep.

*****

A rhythmic, strange sound woke Rilka from her slumber. The female argon looked towards Al' Kaar's back as he faced away from her.

He seemed busy doing something. Odd murmurs echoed from Al' Kaar. However, Rilka paid no mind, turning her head to observe her home with a puzzled expression.

Something was different.

The girl's eyes widened as she finally realized what had happened. Al' Kaar was decorating her living space with culture!

She currently lay on rough fabric, and a wooden cultural piece lay beside her, surrounded by other strange items along the cave walls.

"Are you awake?"

Al' Kaar's voice made Rilka turn. Their eyes met before she asked, "What are you doing?"

"This?" Al' Kaar lifted a small piece of metal and a strangely shaped cloth with both hands. "I'm sewing some garments for you."

"I don't need that thing," Rilka grumbled with a sour face.

However, Al' Kaar snorted and straightened his back. "I just saved you..."

Rilka's lips snapped shut. She remembered the moments when the Hero acted.

"Done," Al' Kaar said while shaking the garment. "It's not perfect, but it'll do."

Rilka's eyes carefully traced the face and body of the male argon in front of her. Apart from his slightly disturbed demeanor, Al' Kaar was suitable to be her partner for a few months.

Al' Kaar placed that garment next to Rilka. He tidied up his tools and put everything into a box while muttering.

"What sound were you making?" Rilka couldn't contain her curiosity any longer.

Al' Kaar closed the box. He sat on it, pursed his lips, and blew air out before explaining, "I was just whistling."

"Whistling?"

"Whistling," Al' Kaar said with a small laugh. "Give it a try."

Rilka pursed her lips and imitated Al' Kaar's actions. However, only a bit of spit came out.

"Don't blow too hard, do it gently." Al' Kaar sat cross-legged next to Rilka as she decided to get up from her sleep.

Rilka repeated it a few times before a soft sound came from her lips. Al' Kaar grinned widely. He whistled with a unique rhythm.

"Try to mimic it; it's my favorite tune."

Rilka observed Al' Kaar closely. In her mind, she was guessing what his lips might taste like.

However, Al' Kaar was unaware of Rilka's intention. The foolish male stared at the female with a bewildered expression. "What's wrong? Are you still in pain?"

"Pain?" Rilka looked down to examine her previously blistered skin. But her brow furrowed in annoyance because Al' Kaar had covered her entire body with culture.

"Hey! Stop!" Al' Kaar protested as Rilka tried to remove the fabric around her body with both hands.

However, Rilka ignored the warning she heard. With an angry expression, she tried to tear her new clothes apart.