1

childhood best friends, yes. kaveh and alhaitham are childhood best friends; they've never left each other—not even once. they always stuck together, to the point where people said they were inseparable. some people have mistaken them as brothers, too!

but kaveh didn't see alhaitham like that.

kaveh has always liked alhaitham. he's been liking him for 6 years now, but he's never had the guts to tell him—and he won't be doing so anytime soon.

~

now, kaveh and alhaitham are both in highschool. they're obviously in the same school, considering how they've never went to different schools. everything was fine, until..

one day, just before he was going to ask alhaitham to walk home with him, he saw...

alhaitham kissing another girl.

kaveh roughly coughs out blood along with a small petal.

"w-what is this? did i just cough out blood and a petal..?"

kaveh quickly exited the scene and rushed home.
when he arrived home, he immediately searched up the reason behind this.

"hanahaki is a disease that is caused by unrequited love. it can either be cured by confessing to the person you love or getting surgery. if you decide to confess to them and they accept your feelings, you'll recover and stop having the disease. otherwise, you'll die immediately. if you decide to get the surgery, you'll recover and lose all your feelings for that person—if the surgery succeeds, that is. there is a chance that it won't suceed, and you'll die.

"w-what?"

" this can't be real. "

"kaveh?? helloo? kavehh!" alhaitham shouted to catch kaveh's attention, seeing him zoned out.

"o-oh, i'm sorry. please– cough continue what you were saying, alhaitham."

two petals.

"kaveh, you've been coughing a lot lately. did you catch a cold?" alhaitham asked with a worried expression on his face.

"yeah, i'm perfectly fine though, it's just a cough small cold.."

fuck, why do i cough so much when i'm around him..?

"no kaveh, i'm not buying that. you're coughing so much and you expect me to believe you? not to mention, you're so bad at lying too. we're going to a hospital."

"but alhaith-"

"no but's. we're going to a hospital, and that's final. don't even try to argue with me, kaveh, 'cause i know fully well you're not okay. get on the motor."

"f-fine.."

'hopefully this goes well.'