𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢

The iron chains wrapped around her wrist, dug into the flesh when she tugged. Brielle tried to look around, hoping to find, Vera. Teyra or Isaiah. Anyone.

There was no words that could amend to the amount of panic coursing through her body right now, tuning in with her hearing she could feel every clash and boom as if they banged against her ear drums in a personal vendetta.

She had to think. She needed to get to her spies, Teyra and Isaiah had been cuffed by chains, bound and pulled along with the Queen. Vera had to be around here somewhere.

There was a commotion outside the room she had been locked inside, a thump against the door, the wood splintering and giving way, a body lay lifeless there when Merle strolled in, dusting her hands off.

"That was a pathetic guarding attempt." she laughed, kicking the foot of the male body laid at her feet.

"Gods am I glad to see you." Brielle bowed her head. There was no point in hiding the relief in her voice, Brielle rose from the ground, the cuff on her wrists where unbound to each other the weight of each pulling down her arms, it would be impossibly to wield anything. or rather difficult at least.

"They won't come off, I can't wield my magic" She uttered it quickly when Merle crossed to inspect the iron cuffs.

"It doesn't matter, we have to find Vera." She shook her hands from where Merle grasped them gently.

Brielle brushed passed her,

"Brielle wait!"

"Come on" she urged, she could hear Merle gaining on her, widening her strides. "We have to find her"

Merle grabbed for her elbow, she pulled Brielle to a stop, moving in front of her Commander, shaking her head, "There's no time."

Brielle's heart was hammering up into her throat,

"Aelin's on the beach with Maeve." There was no time.

Brielle sworn, how had Maeve managed to get the one up. Again. She simply couldn't contain the anger bubbling inside her, with no magic to diffuse the tension, Brielle reeled her hand back and swung her fist straight into the doors frame.

The wood splintered and scattered in the open, "Fuck."

The pain bloomed in her knuckles, but that didn't matter. She wouldn't let everything be to waste.

The universe was asking too much, it was too much. How could she decide? She couldn't just leave Vera, but Aelin would be too drained on her own.

"Commander, come on. She would urge you to go,"

"We are coming straight back." Brielle growled out, and she would, but first and though it pained her to admit. The life of Aelin and the hope she upheld in simply being alive was so much more important right now than she cared to accept.

Merle managed to stride past her, rushing out onto the deck towards a Wyvern. Brielle cast Vale a quick pinched smiles, The witch returned it.

"Hey!" a fae male, yelled out, he rushed her, Brielle ducked under his arm when he swung.

"Go!" Merle was quick to jump onto the mounts back, Vale readying it for flight.

Brielle took a run at its back, clinging towards the wing, Vale yelled aloud to take flight, and the beast roared out.

Initially it sounded like the Wyverns version of a war cry, but it jerked its body, flying close to the coastline. Thrashing its tail.

Brielle clung to the backend of the saddle behind where Merle sat. She glanced along the ridged spine, towards the tail.