Chapter 4

Wooyoung wanted to laugh at the stranger, it would be a dumb choice of course but why would a Rose suddenly walk up to them and claim that he wanted to become friends with them, with 2 Lilys, that was the type of action that would make him get bullied the rest of his younger years.

"Excuse me, sir?" Jongho questioned, he was just as confused as his friend and wanted to know what he meant, maybe he just worded it differently and he did mean that he wanted to have sex after all.

The Rose who had just introduced himself to be San didn't move from his spot but instead offered a handshake which kind of caught Wooyoung and Jongho even more off guard, none of these things had they ever seen a Rose do, Wooyoung even considered that he might have found a way to get his hands on red hair dye which was extremely illegal, it would not only get you killed but also your entire friends circle or in some cases family which was stupid but they didn't make the rules.

Jongho looked around for a bit, expecting to spot a camera or two. It might even be that they were the unlucky targets of some tv-show but he didn't see anything but people dancing or drinking.

Wooyoung stared at the man for a few seconds before carefully shaking the man's hand, that seemed to be the smartest thing for them to do now. 

"Sorry that I interrupted you guys so suddenly, I just wanted to make friends tonight."

The both of them stared blankly at the man, unsure of what they should say in response, was there another option besides being his drinking buddy for the night and hoping he wouldn't be so drunk that they would need to take him home?

"No- no it's not a problem," Jongho moved a seat over, allowing the man to sit in between them which he did with a quick thank you.

All of it was so weird and unnatural to them, whenever they had encountered a Rose in the past, they were always treated like they were something sticky under their shoe. The Roses had even treated them like those people from time to time when they were in a bad mood.

"So... how was your day?" San tried starting a conversation with them which ended in an awkward silence.

Jongho let out a soft sigh after a while, scared he would hear it and answered honestly, "We are about to be thrown out of our house and have nowhere else to go, you?" 

"Oh... I'm sorry for that, if you want some time alone to figure out where to stay next or something, I can try to help or just leave you guys alone for a bit, whatever you want. I don't want to interrupt something."

Wooyoung quickly shaked his head, dismissing the offer, the least they wanted now was for a Rose to interfere in their problems. One thing they had learned from years of hard work was that Roses would only make matters worse rather than fixing them like they claimed to be doing.

San looked hurt which made Wooyoung regret dismissing the offer when San stood up to leave them alone again, something about made Wooyoung feel bad.

He had grown up hating the Roses for acting like they owned the world and as if their red hair made them special, they had always been assholes whenever they had come across them and they had fucked up the entire world with their beliefs, yet Wooyoung felt bad when he watched San walking off again with his hands awkwardly in his pockets.

"You think we'll die tonight?"

Jongho had broken the silence between them, he didn't sound scared or nervous, he rather sounded like he was joking which he might have been but there was a chance they really did mess up.

"I dunno, let's just go back home for now and pack our things." 

Jongho nodded and they walked outside, they didn't even have the time to order anything which might have been for the better since they needed money now more than ever.