chapter 1

"get off me!!" i yelled.

i slapped the strangers hand off my lower waist. he shifted away from my body and moved to the edge of the seat. everyone on the bus looked at me. suddently the bus stopped.

"come here girl!" the bus driver yelled.

i slowly got up and put my bag on my shoulder. i walked to her and stood by her seat.

"no one yells on my bus!"

"im sorry mam it wont happ-" i started.

"get out!" she said pointing to the now open doors.

"you are not allowed to ride anymore." she spoke strictly.

i glared at her and got of the bus. i stared at the big yellow vehicle as it drove off running a red light.

"idiot" i muttered. my house was 20 min from here.

i slowly walked down the gravel paths, torwards my grandmas house. seldomly the small pepples got trapped in my black flip flops. the sun burned down against my uncovered shoulders and my backpack caused my back to ache. the walk home was long. when i finally reached home i looked at the huge house i came home to everyday. i walked through the metal gates. my grandma owned a beautiful home. she had to fight to have it though. i walked into the bathroom and undressed. i jumped into the cool water. my thoughts were lost as my body relaxed and i sang my favirote song.

i walked into the kitchen.

"hey grandma" i said as i dabbed my hair with a towel.

"hello sweets. how was your day?" she said smiling kindly. the wrinkles around her face more defined. she looked stressed.

"good i guess. how about yours?"

"ive been beter. we need to talk about something" she said sitting down. my grandma wasnt very old since she had my mom at a early age. i grabbed a apple and took a bite. then sat down at the breakfast table.

"about?"

"collage, sweets, i cant afford it, at all." she said glancing down.

"weve talked about this ill take online classes." i shrugged.

"i know how much you want to get out of this small city. so i called your grandfather. "

"why?!?" my eyes buldging out.

"we talked and he said hell think about paying."

i cant belive you asked him for help after all he did to you. " i said glancing at her. i stood up from the table.

"its because i care. just call him today"

i grabbed my apple and started walking away taking a bite.

"your towel." she said reminding me.

i turned on my heels. picking up my hair towel.

"ill call him."

my grandma smiled as i started going up the stairs.

"love you too!" i yelled going up the stairs smiling at my self.

i picked my phone up from my side table and dialed the number i thought i would never call again.

"hello?"

"hello stella. i havent heard from you in a while."

i rolled my eyes at his strict and mannered voice. i fell back onto my bed.

"ya i wanted to talk bout collage." i said trying to annoy him with my slang.

"yes i talked to your grandmother about that. i agree to pay for it. i have one condition though."

"whats that?"

"you have to move to london."

i was shocked by his 'condition'.

"why?"

" i miss you"

"i dont care you were the one who left."

"well thats my condition move to london or online education"

"ill call you tommarow. " i spoke with a huff.

"okay good bye stella."

i ended the call throwing my phone on the bed. i got up and changed into a pair of shorts and tshirt.

i ran down the stairs with my phone and ear buds in my hand.

i swung off the stairs torwards the door.

"going out!" i yelled walking out side.

i grabbed my bike that was hidden behind a bush and biked off. i hopped of the seat and threw the old bike on the ground. i ran near the edge of the small lake. i stopped and looked behind a tree to find my blanket. i spread it on the grass near the edge of the water and layed down. i put my head phones in and stared at the sky. i kicked my shoes of and dipped my feet in the water.

london?? so far away from a place ive never left? after a while of listning to the fray i stood up and walked down a gravel path near by slowely i came to the large oak tree with the swing. i looked at the base of the tree falling to my knees. the two grave stones stared at me.

"mom, dad what should i do?" i asked.

"london is so far and grandma needs me. "

i sat there staring at nowhere and i knew what my choice was.