Chapter 11

"Is our essay due today, William?"

"Yes, I believe so."

The two friends sit in the university's cafeteria, talking while having a small amount of food. Food slows them down in their work, apparently. It' been three months since they joined university, and everything is all right. Except for one thing...

The door to the cafeteria opens dramatically, revealing one of the 'popular' kids. Sebastian Wilkes swaggers in, smirking widely. Sebastian and his friends just so happen to walk past the couple when they were just talking about him, deducing him. "Ah, Sebastian Wilkes," Sherlock was saying. "The so-called 'popular' person."

"Hmm." Elizabeth hums in agreement, cringing. "I don't see how he is popular."

"Yes, especially when he just slept with someone." Sherlock adds. "Is he popular because of how much women he slept with this year?"

"I think so-"

"Hey! Freaks!" Sebastian yells, joining them in the table, everyone else watching them with interest. "Heard my name!"

"Yes, we were just talking about you." Elizabeth nods. "We were just talking about how much of a rabbit you are." Everyone around them snickers at the joke, making Sebastian glare at them.

"And how did you find out that I supposedly 'slept' with someone?" Sebastian challenges them. The two friends glance at each other like, 'Is this guy serious?'.

"Well," Sherlock starts, moving to hold his girlfriend's hand. "You were late this morning -"

"I'm always late to school." Sebastian scoffs, making the two roll their eyes at him.

"Yeah, yeah." Elizabeth waves off. "But you are wearing the same clothes from yesterday."

"Checking me out, were you?" Sebastian smirks. Elizabeth grimaces in disgust, quickly shaking her head.

"No-no," she said. "I am just saying, the wrinkles on your clothes are very obvious." Sebastian looks down, and grimaces when he sees Elizabeth is right.

"That," Sherlock speaks up. "And the fact that you are reeking of a girl's perfume. That girl over there across the room from us, watching you has the same perfume." Sebastian looks in the direction Sherlock said, and sees the girl he was just with before, watching them. Sebastian sneers at them, before marching away, his friends following close behind, but not before insulting them.

"All this bullying," Elizabeth sighs, taking a sip of her water. "Is totally worth it."

"Yes." Sherlock agrees, kissing the side of her head soothingly. "Yes, it is."

***

They walk into the cafeteria from their classes, to see Sebastian sitting at their table. "What the hell?" they both murmur together. They slowly walk towards Sebastian, seeing him sit in Sherlock's chair.

"You're in our spot." Elizabeth states with narrowed eyes.

"Specifically, my chair." Sherlock adds.

"Chill," Sebastian scoffs. "I only came here to ask Elizabeth something."

Elizabeth and Sherlock look at Sebastian suspiciously, before slowly sitting down in front of him. "Well, what do you want to ask us?" Sherlock asks him suspiciously.

"I said I just wanted to ask Elizabeth something." Sebastian says back. He then turned to the woman with a smirk. "So, I was thinking, maybe -"

"No." Elizabeth said immediately, no emotion showing.

"You don't even know what I am about to say." Sebastian frowns, making the other two roll their eyes.

"I already know what you're going to say." she grumbles. "You were gonna ask me out."

"What!" Sherlock said sharply, narrowing his eyes at Sebastian dangerously. "You were gonna ask her out?"

"You do know that I am taken, right?" Elizabeth adds. "With William here, right?"

"Aw come on!" Sebastian laughs, leaning closer towards Elizabeth, ignoring Elizabeth and Sherlock's - including Sherlock's - glare of hatred. "Are you seriously going to be with this freak the rest of your life?"

"Um...yes." Elizabeth nods, pretending to think about it for a moment. "We have the same things in common, we're best friends, we're both freaks actually, and I love him even though I don't show it."

Sherlock looks at her in awe, and smiles at her lovingly. Sebastian glares at them, before standing up. "Guess I just wasted my time." he sneers.

"Yep!" they said, both popping the 'p'. He glares at them one more time, before leaving the table.

"What an idiot." Elizabeth mutters, grabbing her sketch book out. She glances at Sherlock since he didn't reply to her, and sees him looking at her with love and awe still. "Um, Sherlock?" she squeaked out, blushing under the intense gaze. "Are you all right...?"

"Nothing," he shakes his head, grinning slightly. "It's just...I love you too."

"Thanks." Elizabeth squeaks out, still blushing from his comment. She's still getting used to people caring about her - but from Sherlock, she's still getting used to being loved by Sherlock.

For the rest of their lunch, they minded their own business, every once in a while feeling the heated glare from Sebastian Wilkes.