Three

*Lily's p.o.v*
I was settling in okay. It had been a little over a week and my classes had started in full swing so I was getting use to the new schedule of working late nights and then waking up for my lectures.

But it wasn't going too bad. I would be okay once my body had adjusted.

If there was one thing that I loved it was cooking and baking, I really enjoyed it but it sucked having a communal kitchen where I didn't have much space but I wanted to do something nice for the girls at work since they had made this transition nice and easy and they were so kind to me which I appreciated.

So I baked muffins. I did blueberry, lemon and vanilla. I wanted there to be a variety. They were really tasty.

Once they were done, I packaged them all up and I got ready for work since Hannah was picking me up.
I pulled some stockings on since it was a bit cold and then I did my skirt and the crop top.

Of course I put my jacket on. It was predicted to rain.

Hannah texted me that she was outside so I grabbed all of my stuff and headed to her car.

My car had been delayed by another week and I couldn't wait to get it so I could stop bothering the girls with lifts.

But they seemed happy to take me so I accepted it plus I was so scary to walk home alone and at night as a woman.

We got to the bar and the girls all took their pick of the muffins and then I went down the hall and I saw Travis's door open. He was sitting at his desk.

"Hi Travis" I said

He lifted his head, that usual blank expression of his.

"Princess" he said

Still didn't understand why he called me that

"I made muffins. Would you like one? I've got blueberry. Lemon and just plain vanilla. If you want lemon, I've got the icing separate and the vanilla to which I made a buttercream which is really nice and not too sweet and-"

"You're rambling princess" he said and I immediately stopped talking.

"Sorry. Would you like one?" I asked

"Maybe later. I've got a meeting" Travis said standing up

"Okay well I'll put them in the break room so if you want one you know where they are"

"Sounds like a plan"

He put his hand on my back and guided me out of his office and locked the door.

"Have a good meeting" I said giving him a smile and I went and put all my stuff away.

I helped do all the opening things and then we got the doors open and people started to come in and sit. We had dedicated areas and I was dealing with the right hand side of the bar. It was getting full and I was running the orders back to Hannah who was behind the bar.

Luckily, the majority of people who came through lived in the town and were so relaxed that we didn't have to worry about rushing drinks out because they knew they would get their drinks.

A few hours passed and I had finished my break. I went to the bathroom to fix up my makeup and then as I was leaving, Travis came out of his office. I didn't even know he had come back.

"Perfect just the girl I wanted to see" he said

"What have I done?" I asked

"Nothing princess. Can you bring me a bottle of the whisky and the pack of cigars from VIP?"

"Sure. To your office?"

I had walked closer to him and his big hand went to my waist and I looked down at the way he held my hip and I loved it. I got shivers and I felt myself blush at his touch.

"Yes baby" Travis said

My eyes met his and he smirked

"Why are you blushing so much?" He asked

"I'm not"

"I touched you and you lit up like a Christmas tree" he said

"No. You're clearly seeing things. You should see a doctor or something" I said

"Is that right baby? Will you be my doctor? Check me out?"

"Shhhh that's so inappropriate. You're my boss"

I side stepped him and he laughed going back into his office.

I went up to the VIP area and I grabbed the whiskey from the top shelf and then the cigars from the locked cabinet.

Then I headed down and into Travis's office. He had two men sitting opposite him. They were clad in black pants and white tops, also covered in tattoos.

Scary.

I walked them over to Travis and sat it on his desk.

Those two guys were eyeing me up and it made me feel so uncomfortable for some reason.

I grabbed the glasses and poured the whiskey like I was shown how to.

Then I left as quick as possible. I could feel so much tension in that room and it made me feel weird.

I got back to my tables and the night went on pretty quick. Before I knew it, it was 2am and the bar was closed. I finished up cleaning and grabbed my stuff from the back room.

Travis had come out of his office to make sure we all walked out okay. Which he always did and it made me feel protected. Safe.

As I walked out, I was yawning, I was so tired especially because I did some extra study today and didn't take my nap like I usually did and I almost tripped over the side of the curb, but two strong hands grabbed my hips and stopped me from tumbling.

"Careful Princess" Travis said

I had grabbed onto his hands by instinct and I just felt his entire presence behind me, holding me.

"Sorry. I'm a bit tired" I said softly and stabilising myself.

"Go home. Go to bed" he said

"I will"

He let go of me and I felt cold. I didn't feel like that feeling since it was how I felt all the time, alone.

I felt like my mind was slowly shutting down from the lack of love I have received. I wanted to so badly find the man of my dreams, a man that would love me through anything. A man to hold me at night and kiss me.

But a girl could only dream.