1.0

"1.0: Seasons Have Changed"

"형, 형이랑 얘기해봤어요?" (Hyung, have you spoken with him ?) It was a simple question with a simple answer. Kai asked Soobin this knowing things were better than they were, but awkward nonetheless. "To Taehyun ? No. I haven't spoken to him for a few months. Why ?"

Kai sighed as he unconsciously plays with his food. This seemed to be the answer he was dreading all together. The warm breeze flowing through the air certainly set the mood of autumn. The sky painted with a wonderful pink shade as the sun began to set before them. "He hasn't even spoken with you ? That is a bit odd..."

Soobin nodded, but he let out a sigh himself. They were still friends. However, that didn't mean things were as easy as they were before. "태현이는 아직도 어색할 수도 있어요. 지난 몇 년 동안이 쉽지 않았어요, 카이야." (Taehyunie may just feel out of place still. These past few years have not been the easiest for him, Kai ya.)

"Hyung--", Kai started but Taehyun quickly made his entrance. It had been a while since either had seen him. "Missed me ?" He said cheerfully taking a seat across from them. They were currently at Soobin' house. "Why have you been avoiding us, Hyung ? Where have you been ?" 

Taehyun rolled his eyes playfully as he had no reason to hide anything or to lie. "남자친구 카이야랑 얘기하러 갔는데 범규형이랑 공기 좀 쐬고..." (I went to speak with your boyfriend, Kai ya. Beomgyu hyung and I needed to clear the air...) Kai immediately pushed him for information. Why would Taehyun do this to him after all these years ? Why speak to Beomgyu now ? "Why ? Why did you speak with him ? Are you not over Beomgyu hyung ?"

Taehyun smirked slightly. He did value his friendship with Kai, but he didn't need to explain anything to him either. It isn't like Kai has taken his feelings into account anyway. It was a bit selfish, but he had his answer. "Why are you worried ? Do you not trust your Beomgyu hyung ? It was just a little conversation, Kai ya."

Soobin intervened just as concerned as Kai. What was the reason Taehyun was doing this now ? "Taehyun ya, just dispel his worries. He's your friend. Kai's your friend, no ?" Taehyun sighed as he didn't expect them to push him for information like this. Why is what he discussed with Beomgyu any of their business ? 

So Taehyun moved the conversation along, "수빈이 형, 보고 싶지 않아요? 연준이 형이 파티를 하는데 정식으로 초대를 해줬어요." (Don't you want to see him, Soobin hyung ? Yeonjun hyung is having a party and has formally offered us invites.) Soobin would be lying if he said he didn't want to see Yeonjun, but he didn't want to act like Taehyun potentially messing with Beomgyu wasn't an issue. "Of course I do, Taehyun. However, you still haven't answered us. Why have you just decided to speak with Beomgyu ?"

Taehyun scowled before getting up to leave as soon as he arrived. "I don't have to explain myself..." Kai angrily ended up leaving to go see Beomgyu & Soobin was left alone once again. 

His mind drifted to that summer five years ago... Just how bad have things gotten that now they are beginning to see the cracks in their friendship ? Was there even anything to be worried about ? The seasons have changed & things were not cooling down from here...