Epilogue

"Epilogue: Family & Goodbyes"

4 Years Later...

It has been nine years since that dreaded summer now. Beomgyu has been married to Kai for the last four years & recently Yeonjun got engaged to Soobin. Taehyun was the odd one out, but he had plans of his own anyway. Plans no one present was truly aware of.

Beomgyu & Kai have an adopted daughter named Rose. Soobin, Yeonjun, & Taehyun were considered uncles to little Rose. The sweet child was closest with Soobin who she constantly called "Uncle Soobun". 

"수번 아저씨, 왜 이렇게 예뻐요?" (Uncle Soobun, why are you so pretty ?), Rose asked her uncle cutely causing everyone else to fawn over how cute she was. Soobin laughed as he held Rose in his arms. "You think I'm pretty ? What about uncle Yeonjun ?" Rose glanced at Yeonjun with a soft smile. "Uncle Jun is very pretty too, but I like Uncle Soobun more..."

Although adopted, Rose takes after Beomgyu a lot. She is a bit mischievous like her father. However, she has picked up a softer laugh that resembles Kai'. Today was a casual day & was just meant for everyone to enjoy each other's company. 

A Few Hours Go By...

The sun was beginning to set & Taehyun unknowingly had his car fully loaded with everything he'd be taking with him.

Taehyun simply cut some cake for everyone with the help of Kai. Everyone was calm & at their happiest, right ? Well, nearly everyone. Taehyun soon caught everyone' attention to deliver his news. "여러분, 소식이 있습니다. 미국으로 이사갑니다..." (I have news, everyone. I am moving to America...) Rose ran into Taehyun' arms a bit bummed by the news as Soobin looked at his dear friend, "What ? Why are you leaving ? Why did you never say anything ?" Kai looked just as confused, but Yeonjun was unfazed by the news. It wasn't uncommon for people to move anyway.

"I feel I need a fresh start. This will be good for me." Kai immediately hugged Taehyun as the others followed. Beomgyu ended up only shaking his hand as things were incomparably awkward between them. Yeonjun offered wishes of luck for Taehyun as Rose was soon put into the arms of Beomgyu. 

Soobin & Kai hugged their best friend with all their might. They didn't want him to go, but weren't willing to stop him if this is what he wanted. It wasn't long before Taehyun was waving goodbye as his eyes filled with tears. Briefly he made eye contact with Beomgyu before he offered the brightest smile he could muster.

This was it. This was the end. He was leaving & he wasn't looking back. At least, not looking back right now. He needed to do this.

Beomgyu consoled a distraught Kai, "다시 올 거예요. 태현이는 친구들을 버리지 않을 거예요." (He'll be back. Taehyun wouldn't abandon his friends.)

At The Airport...

Taehyun boarded his plane with a heavy heart. He had a window view as he silently let the tears fall. He knew he should be completely over Beomgyu by now, but that was easier said than done. He couldn't shake his feelings any longer & needed to do this before things got any worse. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin the marriage of his best friend.

Taehyun said one final thing as his plane was leaving Seoul. It was a whisper to himself, but it also was just the reality of the situation. "보고싶을거야, 서울..." (I'll miss you, Seoul...) 

It truth, we know Seoul isn't truly what he'd miss.

The END.

끝.