4.0

"4.0: Proposal"

Everything was set up. It has been a few days since Yeonjun' party. He & Soobin were in a better place & Beomgyu was intent on proposing to Kai today. Taehyun was supportive, but he was struggling. Watching the guy you still have feelings for ask to marry someone one else is not very easy. Especially when that other person is one of your best friends.

They were at Kai' house today as Beomgyu arranged they all send a chill day there. Little did Kai know he was in for the ultimate surprise. The temperature was warm & the sky was a beautiful blue as it lightly rained. 

Kai' backyard was aesthetically set up. The leaf decorations went well with the current season of autumn. This also would benefit the jobs of our trio. Soobin can release good PR following the surprise, Taehyun would get to speak about it at his radio station (most likely understood if he avoided doing that) & Yeonjun will have more social functions open to him because of his growing relationship with Kai, as well as his flourishing friendship with Beomgyu.

Beomgyu lead Kai under the big tree in the yard as Soobin stood to one side with Yeonjun holding his breath in excitement, & Taehyun stood on the other end trying to maintain a smile. "첫째, 너는 내 친구일 뿐이야. 그러다 짧은 시간 안에 친해졌어, 카이야. 시간이 지나면서 내 감정이 커졌다는 것을 인정하고 싶다..." (First, you were only my friend. Then we got close in a short period of time, Kai ya. I want to admit my feelings have only grown over time...)

Beomgyu began pouring his heart out. Kai awkwardly laughed, but was accepting what Beomgyu was saying before he continued. Everyone was silent as they watched the scene before them all, "카이야, 나랑 결혼해줄래요? 내 남편이 되는 영광을 나한테 안겨줄래요?" (Kai ya, will you marry me ? Will you do me the honor of being my husband ?) Kai smiled wide as he teared up a bit before shouting, "YES ! YES !"

Soobin & Yeonjun erupted into cheers & took all kinds of photos, as well as footage on their phones. Taehyun silently clapped & was honestly hurt, but he wasn't going to ruin this for them no matter how he felt. He knew what he intended to do next...

The breeze got a bit stronger causing the leaves of the tree to lightly fall to the ground around them. Some even getting in Kai' hair.

This sultry harvest was shaping up to be the season of love & heartbreak once again...