3.0

"3.0: Back Together"

The party was in full swing. Yeonjun made his rounds as he greeted people. He came across Beomgyu for a brief conversation. "긴장돼요? 긴장돼 보여요, 범규야." (Nervous ? You seem a bit on edge, Beomgyu ya.) Beomgyu sighed as they still waited for the trio to show. After all, they were formally invited by Yeonjun. "A bit, yeah. What if he says no ?" 

Yeonjun laughed as he wrapped an arm around his best friend, "Stop thinking of the worse case scenario, Beomgyu ya. I am sure all will be perfect once you ask him." Beomgyu rolled his eyes as he teased back. "아! 그럼 수빈이를 보면 피하지 않는 건가요?" (Oh ! Does that mean you aren't avoiding Soobin when you see him ?)

Yeonjun ignored this as the trio they were just talking about arrived. Immediately Beomgyu walked off with Kai. Soobin was first to approach. A give shift in how he was that summer five years ago. Taehyun rolled his eyes heading to find a drink, "즐거운 시간 보내렴, 사랑하는 새들아..." (Have fun, lovebirds...)

Soobin & Yeonjun almost instantaneously fell back into how they were when they met that summer five years ago. "How have you been, hyung ? It's been a while..." Soobin asked a bit shy, but still maintaining his newfound confidence. Yeonjun sighed with a small smile, "I have been well. Just busy. You ?"

Soobin couldn't help himself. He just had to ask. "Why did you leave that summer ? Well, why did you say no ?" Yeonjun knew he couldn't avoid this any longer. Too much time has passed already. "We were in different places, Soobin. Regardless, if I wanted to say yes... We both were in completely different places mentally then."

Soobin nodded finally understanding how Yeonjun felt. Slowly taking Yeonjun hand in his he smiled. "I thought you  just thought our connection was just a fling..." Yeonjun declined this & kissed Soobin' hand interlocked in his staring into his eyes. "Never. I really like you, Soobin."

Sometime Later...

The party was dying down & our group of five were hanging out in Yeonjun backyard. Kai pulled Taehyun aside seeing as Taehyun hadn't really spoken all night. "Are you ok, hyung ? You seem annoyed."

Taehyun sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, "전 괜찮아요, 카이야 기분이 안 좋아요." (I am fine, Kai ya. I am just not in the mood.) Soobin had a feeling about why Taehyun was acting this way, but didn't want to assume that was it. Kai stared at him a second before asking once more. "This about Beomgyu hyung, right ? That is why you're annoyed ?" 

Taehyun didn't move to speak as Soobin stepped in. "Kai, don't. No isn't the time to have this discussion." He was trying to stop an argument. Soobin really tried. Luckily, Taehyun simply walked off calling a taxi to go home. Taehyun didn't need to explain anything, he just accepted things for what they clearly were...

He shouted on his way out the door, "이만 가보겠습니다! 초대해주셔서 감사합니다!" (I'll get going ! Thank you for having me !)