Road to the draft - 6

Alexis was making breakfast for herself while the music played softly. There was a knock on her door, she went to open it seeing Stephen. "Hey" he greeted her with a small kiss letting himself in "did you get my text?"

"Yeah" she closed the door walking to the kitchen witth Stephen following behind her

"So, you think we can talk?" Stephen said taking a seat on the small island

"Uh-huh" Alexis switched off everything and moved towards him, he pulled her to stand facing him in between his dangling legs, he took hold of her hand and looked into her eyes "Look, if we are going to do this, we gonna need to communicate"

"I know"

"No mattter how uncomfortable it might be, we not going to do that b/s where we run when it gets tough. We leaving that shit and we deading it right here right now" Alexis nodded her head knowing well where that was coming from. "Now, I am gonna need you to talk to me"

"Yesterday was all new to me" Alexis began "I didn't know how to handle your loss and when you said you needed time to reflect on your personal life, it made me question where I stood"

He looked into her eyes "I love you" he took a deep breath, his gaze still fixed on Alexis. "When I said that I meant it in the sense that I want to make sure that whatever decision I make regarding my basketball career aligns with our future together. I want to be able to give you the love and commitment you deserve."

"I thought you meant........" Alexis said getting teary choking on her words

"Hey, hey, hey" Stephen said softly, his eyes filled with warmth as he gazed at her. He pulled her into his embrace, and she leaned her head against his chest. They remained in that comfortable silence for a moment while Stephen gently stroked Alexis's hair, his touch tender and reassuring. "I understand how my words may have caused confusion, and I'm sorry for that." he tightened his embrace around her, comforting her with his presence as the music played softly in the background, creating a soothing ambiance.

"I wanted to ask what it meant considering long distance, but I didn't want to pressure you or say anything that might upset you, you had just suffered a devastating loss"

"Hey, look at me" Stephen said moving her chin to face her "I am in sports, there will be losses, sometimes more losses than wins and that's just the reality of a life we will have. There is no way you should tiptoe around me because I am nursing some loss. Yes, I love winning, but I will be damed if I let losses hold that much power over me and those around me"

Alexis couldn't love him more at that very moment. Tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke, her voice filled with vulnerability. "I ... I love you Stephen"

Stephen's eyes softened as he heard Alexis's words, and he held her face gently in his hands. "I love you too, Alexis," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "You mean the world to me, and I never want you to doubt that" Stephen said softly, his eyes filled with warmth as he gazed at her. Alexis stood on her tippy toes while Stephen met her halfway, their lips intertwining in a passionate and tender kiss.