Afterglow! - 13

Meet Sean on the header

"Instead of going to the beach house, can I visit Olivia in LA?" Sydel asked, surprising everyone with her request. The Curry family was lounging  in the living room after the Sunday lunch. After church, Stephen and Alexis were invited by the pastor to his home for lunch while everyone came home "LA?" Sonya repeated, her brows furrowing in confusion. "You want to visit Olivia in Los Angeles?" Sydel hesitated, unsure of how to respond. Dell remained silent, seemingly ignoring Sydel's request. 

"If it's alright with you, Mom," Sydel finally spoke up. "Olivia invited me, and I thought it would be a nice." Sonya's voice carried a firm tone. "The beach house is meant to be a family trip, Sydel. Alexis's family is joining us" Sydel's frustration trembled in her voice. "But I don't want to go! I feel like my wishes aren't being considered." Seth's retort was cold and dismissive. "No one cares about what you want, Sydel."Feeling hurt and bitter, she responded, her voice quivering, "Clearly, because Alexis is suddenly this important person in this family." Dell intervened softly. "Sydel, stop it now."

Sydel clearly annoyed spoke "Are we all just going to ignore how she cheated to be with Stephen? Olivia told me everything." Seth chuckled dismissively. "Come on, Sydel. You know that's not true." Sydel's accusation grew stronger. "She's a homewrecker. I know Stephen has been planning to get back with Olivia. They were together in Texas, and Stephen is only with Alexis out of pity." There was silence, Sonya's eyes widened in shock. Dell's expression hardened, while Seth remained frozen, staring at Sydel. Sydel averted her gaze, her earlier confidence waning. Sonya broke the silence "Seth, is what Sydel saying true?"

Seth glanced briefly at Sydel before meeting Sonya's gaze. "No, Mom. Olivia has been disrespecting Alexis every chance she gets. She's lied about the cheating. Stephen and Alexis didn't get together until months after they broke up. She publicly disrespected Alexis during the summer league with TMZ, promoting her movie insinuating a relationship with Stephen. She's been acting inappropriately at his games. Trust me, Stephen wants nothing to do with Olivia"

Sydel shook her head. "Olivia wouldn't lie. She showed me pictures of her in Stephen 's room in Texas" Seth scoffed "Sydel, you're being too gullible" Sonya's face turned paler with each word, her voice barely a whisper. "Now why would she lie about something so serious? What happened in Texas"

"I think that's Stephen's business Ma"

"Seth Adham Curry" Dell called "what the hell happened in Texas?" Seth hesitated obviously uncomfortable; he shifted in his seat. Taking a deep breath, he reluctantly began to share the truth. "Alright, Dad. Since you want to know... Olivia somehow gained access to Stephen's hotel room during the all-star break in Texas. Stephen had just finished showering and was taken aback to see her there. Apparently, she went in for a hug. Before Stephen could push her away, Alexis walked in on them" The room fell into an even heavier silence, Sonya's eyes widened even more as she processed the information. Dell's jaw clenched, while Sydel's remained quiet.

"How do you know all of this?" Dell asked. Just then, the door swung open, and Stephen and Alexis walked into the room, sensing the tension in the air. It was clear that something significant had transpired in their absence. They exchanged worried glances as their eyes scanned the room. "What's going on? Did something happen?" Stephen broke the silence."Son, why didn't you ever tell us about Texas?" Dell asked softly."What?" Stephen scrunched his nose, trying to make sense of Dell's question. "What are you talking about, Pops?"

"I am talking about Olivia gaining access to your hotel room during the all-star break in Texas" Dell clarified. Stephen's gaze shifted uncomfortably, and he turned to look at Seth, who just shrugged his shoulders. He then faced Alexis, who stood next to him, equally confused by Dell's question."Is it true?" Sonya asked "Yes, it's true ma," Stephen confirmed"she showed up uninvited, tried to pull some crazy staff but nothing happened, and trust me Alexis did find out and she was pissed because she didnt talk to me for a month after it happened but eventually she gave me a chance to explain myself and thats thanks to Seth" Steph intertwined their hands softly rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. Dell's gaze got fixed on Stephen, "Son why didn't you tell us about this?"