Its been a minute - 16

"I was telling your boy here that he needs to understand that he is the best player on the team, and he needs to start taking charge" Andre said after Stephen introduced him to Alexis. Warriors had beaten a shorthanded 76ers 110-95. The 76ers had played without Andre, he was a late scratch due to recurring tendonitis. Him and Stephen had gotten close from their world cup time together. Their bond grew when they both got injured, he had been injured around the same time as Stephen, he had missed some games in November and early December.

"You trippin, Monta had 22 points and a season-high 12 assists, David Lee added 21 points" Stephen said

"And they played like what, 44 mins? Dude, you played 28 minutes and had 17 points, including seven straight during a decisive run in the fourth quarter. Alexis am I wrong?" Andre looked at Alexis to back his point

Alexis chuckled as she watched the two go back and forth. She loved seeing Stephen interact with his fellow NBA players. "You two are starting to sound like old men yelling at clouds" 

"All I am saying is, these guys made their best run to open the fourth quarter with Monta on the bench, guess who was aggressive when that happened?" Andre said shrugging her shoulders

"He is not wrong about that" Alexis said bumping her shoulder playfully against Stephen, grinning up at him 

"Yall don't know what you are talking about" 

"Your boy is too pure for this game" Andre said looking at Alexis "he is a talented MF and he need to own it"

Stephen rolled his eyes "For your sake Dre, I'll try to be a little more, what did you call it? 'Less pure' for the game?" 

Andre let out a laugh, clapping Stephen on the back. "Thats my guy, you just got to embrace that killer instinct a little more, you know?" Just then, a voice called out from down the tunnel, summoning Andre because the 76ers' bus was about to leave. He gave Stephen one last pat on the back "remember, killer instinct" 

Stephen nodded pulling him in for a quick hug"yeah, yeah, get out of here" 

"You just gotta let it shine through more, you feel me?" He said and turned to Alexis "It was great meeting you, keep an eye on this one for me, will ya?" he said, jerking his thumb towards Stephen and giving her a hug as well. 

Alexis returned the hug, chuckling softly. "You got it" 

With one last dap to Stephen, he hurried down the tunnel, the voice from earlier calling out more urgently. "I am coming!" They watched as he disappeared around the corner, 

"Well, that was...something" Alexis said

"Yeah, that's Dre for you. Always trying to light a fire under my ass"

Alexis grinned up at him snuggling up against his side. "It's okay to take complements babe, you played amazing today" 

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they began walking out "yeah, it also helped playing a team that came into the game short-handed"

    Next morning

Alexis snuggled closer to Stephen, tracing patterns on his chest with her finger. "I really wish you were joining me on this road trip" he said softly. 

She looked up at him "I know, babe. But I got to finish this OBGYN rotation and study for this exam" 

Stephen tightened his arms around her. He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. "I know and it sucks, but I'm just so excited for you to start surgeryin the new year, you've been looking forward to it for so long"