Chapter 1: Kill the dark

.
.
.
Kumagawa's point of view
.
.
.

After the concert ended with the song <<Good Loser Good Luck>>, which was directly addressed to him by his friend Saki to encourage him to keep moving forward and fighting, Kumagawa Misogi left the Suisou High School uniform on the idol as a thanking and a farewell gift.

Following this, our protagonist decided to move forward...

As his friend's song had made him understand, he realized he should no longer live in the past and why not give himself the chance of a fresh start.

So, he decided to go see Hanten Shiranui so that he could use a skill to send him to another universe.

Indeed, with his skill allowing him to create any power of his choice, it was easy for Hanten to grant our protagonist's request.

On Hanten's part, he saw this as an opportunity to get rid of one of the reasons he held responsible for Ajimu's death.

And so, Kumagawa Misogi disappeared, leaving no evidence of his presence.

Following his disappearance, our protagonist woke up in a classroom he knew all too well.

After all, this classroom was the place he was sent to each time he died...

But believing that this classroom had been empty since Ajimu's death, he decided not to disturb the peace of this place, got up, and left the room without a word.
.
.
.

Ajimu
(sighing after Kumagawa's departure):

Ah, my dear Misogi... so eager that he didn't even see me...

But don't worry, I'll always be here...

.
.
.

After leaving the classroom, Kumagawa arrived in a world that was obviously in a medieval era.

The <<Minus>> was seized by a curious interest in discovering this medieval world.

It looked so different from everything he had known until then.

The smell of smoke and blood filled the air, but it only increased his desire to discover what was happening here.

Thus, he walked on a paved road under high arches of dark stone buildings.

The building facades were covered with a grayish plaster that gave the impression of a rough and rugged appearance.

Here and there, wrought iron emblems engraved with mysterious symbols could be seen.

Oil lamps hanging from chains dimly lit the way, leaving dancing shadows on the walls.

Black and gray rats darted into dark corners, seeking refuge from nocturnal predators.

Closed windows were embellished with chrysanthemums that stood out in the flickering torches' light.

He also realized he was probably in the middle of the evening.

The sky blackened by torch smoke was tinged with bloody red.