8 - The Two Jakes.

❝ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ? ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

❝ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ? ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ. ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴜᴛ, ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ. 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ.❞

She sighs, sitting on the floor just playing with her fingernails.

That's all she'd ever done, nothing more nothing less.

"People come and go in and out of your life; it's a cycle you can't seem to break. One moment, you could be having the best time of your life, and then someone can show up and change everything in the snap of a wrist. It's quite diabolical, actually. You never know when it's coming; it's freaky as hell."

She lies down when she thinks about the recurring events. She knew she should've taken action right when all the drama started.

— ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

"ALRIGHT, IT'S SATURDAY!" She exclaimed as she plopped down on the couch

"ALRIGHT, IT'S SATURDAY!" She exclaimed as she plopped down on the couch. She wonders why he's never out of his room when she visits. After not getting any sleep last night, she was still trying to connect the pieces when Onyx called and asked what was taking so long. It sounded like a perfect day for her, but it wasn't because she didn't get any sleep last night."I got nothing planned today, so let's do it!"

"A lot of nothing?" Says Hartley confused. "But look at all the fun stuff on today's community calendar. A car show, a line-dancing contest...a pie-eating festival,"