22

Brett -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel so distant from everything, like I'm a fish in a bowl. I can see and hear everything clearly, but it feels far away and, sort of unreachable I guess.

The footsteps I heard followed me to the end of the corridor, past some musicians, and portraits of Bach and Paganini.

Then I heard them quicken, and although my head can't move much, from the corner of my eye I saw that somehow it was Eddy, also in a vibrant silk shirt. 

Now we've reached a more open space, with white light flooding in and a high domed ceiling. It feels airy here, spacious and somewhat mysterious.

I see a pedestal with a girl standing behind it, almost guarding a violin placed on the stand. After studying this scene for some time as it got closer, I realised that it was Eddy's violin in the pedestal. Beats me how it got there.

The girl behind is in a yellow and white flowing dress, and I've never seen her before. Her black hair is in a fringe, with one strand on each side framing her face. She looks up sharply as we approach, a look as if she had been waiting for us for a long time.

Eddy suddenly leans forward and locks his eyes on the violin, as if he's being drawn forward by an invisible magnet. 

I just silently watch, as I don't seem to be able to do anything else. I just feel so tired, so incredibly exhausted, that I'm rooted to the spot.

Is this the world I was meant to be in?