chapter 1 - pilot

Janessa's POV
+++++++++++++++

Three months..

It's been three months since i woke up from a dream that felt so real, only to find out it wasn't.

It all felt so real- the reunion, the betrayal, nyla..

I've been losing my mind for the past three months trying to figure things out, hell i've even taken it upon myself to search for the raines family to see if those things i felt would happen again.

I mean I found them, yet i haven't approached them.

I'm too scared to and it's surprising right? because me? scared?

Yeah I can't believe it either.

The loud ringing of my phone startled me breaking me out of my thoughts and I quickly turned the music down before grabbing my phone and answering it.

" yes? " i asked not bothering to look at the caller ID.

" can you bring me and jayna some food? this food looks disgusting. " the voice of henry's 12 year old sister taniyah spoke which i could barely hear due to the loud chattering of children in the background.

" yeah sure, what do you two want? " I asked still looking at the building labeled RAINƎŚ.

" chipotle please. " she said which wasn't surprising, because she always asks for that.

At this point i'm going to start having their school lunch pre-ordered or cooking it.

" okay text me what you want, i'll be there soon. " i said hanging up the phone and starting the car.

So i know you're probably confused.. but two months ago, henry took in his two sisters taniyah who's 12 and jayna who's 10 due to his dad getting arrested and since me and Henry live together- the girls live there too.

I quickly pulled off from the building i had grown to watch for the past three months, and made my way to chipotle.

I know I probably seem like a creep but i'm not- i'm just curious as to see if they're actually my family.

I could've just found a way to get a dna test, but i tend to freeze up.

Another shocking thing..

As soon as I made it to chipotle my phone rang again and this time it was henry.

" what's up? " i asked putting the phone to my ear.

" where are you? " he asked and i could hear serenity laughing in the background which made my mind wander off to the son that i lost.

I blame myself everyday.

" chipotle, you want anything? " I asked breaking myself out of those negative thoughts, turning off the car and getting out.

" they called me too. you're taking them food again? you gone spoil them to death. " he said and i knew but i didn't care, i want to give them the life i never had- it'll be like that for all the kids under my care.

" I have no problem with it, so do you want anything? " i asked again making my way inside.

" yeah i'll text you my order, but i was calling to see where you were and if you were okay since i hadn't heard from you. " he said sounding worried.

" baby i'm okay, i promise. " i said reassuring him and his message came through my phone.

" hey look i'll see you when i get home, let me order this food real quick. " i said after a few seconds.

" okay be safe, I love you. " he said which made my heart skip a beat- it always has.

" I love you too and i will. " i said and hung up the phone before walking to the food booth.

After almost an hour i finally made it back to the house, and all I wanted to do was lay down.

Since the coma, i had been more exhausted but the doctor said since my body had been weak for so long that it had to get back to its old state- I mean it's been three months since then so it should be back but apparently not

I put the bag of food in my purse, turned off the car and made sure I had everything before getting out and grabbing the drinks.

Once i made it in the house i went to the kitchen and put everything down before heading to the living room and plopping down on the couch.

Damn why is it so cold in here..

" HENRY! " i yelled loudly fixing my position on the couch.

After a few seconds i heard the sound of his shoes gliding against the floor which made me look up and there he was with his shirt off.

All of our babies are going to be models.

" foods on the counter. " i said yawning and grabbing the blanket from the end of the couch.

" thank you, are you okay? " he asked walking up to me and kissing me- honestly i got energized real quick.

" yes i'm just tired. " i said and he nodded before crouching down- next thing you know i was in the air.

It's the way he carries me like nothing.

" i just laid serenity down " he said and i hummed in response feeling myself drift off.

Damn this man is comfortable.
***********

first chapter of the sequel bookiessss.

y'all like it so far?

ttyllll <33.