chapter 5.

Okay change of plans

Apparently henry left serenity with diana and diana failed to mention that she had somewhere to be, so now i'm on my way home.

I know they'll tell me what happened when the time comes, but it didn't stop me from feeling angry.

" you have one missed call and one voice message " went through my speaker and i quickly clicked on the voice mail as i reached the red light.

joseph: i'm sure you know who i am seeing as you just left my office, but we wanted to do a dna test but our people will do it. if you're going to agree to it then please give us a call back so we can set something up.

Okay so they called me as soon as I left, but it's fine because it'll be good to get some extra clarity.

I called the number back and after two rings it was answered and from the voice i could tell it was one of the brothers.

" Janessa? " he said hesitantly.

It is i.. indeed.

Okay not the time.

" yes, when are you available to get this done? " i asked but then again i'm a busy woman so i have to see if it fits my schedule.

" tomorrow morning at 10am if that works for you? " he said and it actually would because it's my off day.

" okay yes, i'll meet you at- " i started and got cut off.

" i'll send you the address to the house, we hope to see you there. " he said and i replied with a simple " ok " before hanging up.

That wasn't mean- but what was I supposed to say?

Plus you're not supposed to be on the phone while you're driving.

Okay let me stop acting like i care about that.

After ten minutes i made it back home and sighed before getting out of the car and making my way in the house.

" I'M HERE! " i yelled and a few seconds later diana came out of the kitchen entrance with serenity in one arm and a bowl in the other.

" okay every time I see you you're coming out of the kitchen " i said grabbing serenity out of her arms.

" because you have all the good snacks here- you made chocolate covered strawberries for gods sake. " she said and i shook my head.

" it's not hard to make that. " i said and she shrugged her shoulders before walking towards the door.

" oh and by the way stephanie said she wants to cook tonight and you may want to go buy more fruit, lunchables, noodles, and well pretty much everything. in fact when you go grocery shopping let me know and i'll come with you. " she said and i heard the sound of keys jiggling.