Foggy

As soon as alex left matt stood there glaring at me.

"explain, bella. what is thi-"

"Its nothing matt. i swear. nothing happened."

"I know. But weve been friends since pre school, bel.  And i dont want him to get hurt and go into a cycle of drugs,sex and alcohol" he poured. I could see the pain in his eyes

"ive only just met this guy. I dont have bad intentions, and god knows if ill ever see him again." i sighed. I understand that hes his best mate but ive only just met him. 

"i know , i trust you. i really do. youre like a sister to me but if you could see al when he went through a tough time, i thought he were gonna die arabella. Just please, try not to get too close and break his heart. i cant bear to see him like that again."

"matthew listen , he only stayed over the night. i dont need his life story, i know hes close to you but this is a bit much. i understand your concern but everything is fine." i was getting frustrated at this point, i had done nothing wrong. "I think you should go."

he got up without a word and gathered his keys then left. i hate arguing with him but hes being dramatic. I dont want anything more than friends with alex. 

Or do i?

I needed to clear my head. 

I went upstairs and got ready, I pulled on my baggy blue jeans, a cropped the strokes shirt , my leather jacket and took my headphones. I ran down the stars and slipped on my doc martens. 

As i exited the house i felt the cold autumn hair hit my face and breathed a sigh of relief. i pressed play and 'Lullaby' , the cure rang through my earbuds. I often get really overwhelmed when arguing with people and i overthink it all so music helps me relax for a little while. 

I was walking down the street, 5 minutes away from my house, when i saw Alex. He was working in the bar directly opposite the record store I work at. I watched as he cleaned down a table and then he went to push is hair out his face , but, he caught me from across the road and locked eyes with me and smiled. I probably looked like a stalker, watching him clean tables from the other side of the street