[ 001 ] state fair

LIKE YOU MEAN IT
CHAPTER ONE !

            NELL LIKED A FAIR

NELL LIKED A FAIR. What wasn't to like after all? Thrill inducing rides and tasty funnel cakes. It was the stuff fair goers dreamed of. So far the young girl had been on the Puke and Duke twice. It was absolutely disgusting and the aftermath lived in her brain rent free for weeks after she visited the state fair, but there was just something so enticing about willingly boarding a ride that made you puke your guts up.

She had just stumbled her way off of the ride, stomach held in her hands as she held back the urge to heave when she caught sight of her friends, (they only really spoke in school) passing by.

"Josie! PJ." Nell called out, her voice dripping with excitement. The two girls halted all movement as they watched the dark haired girl rush towards them. "Hey guys, how was your summer?"

"Just as boring as last years." PJ complained with a roll of her eyes. Her fingers played around with the loops of her light brown coloured pants.

Josie nodded her head in agreement with her best friend. The summer definitely could have been better. Especially considering she now sported a sling that clashed with every outfit and just got in the way of doing daily activities.

"Yeah. Hey, where were you all summer? You literally vanished." Josie inquired from the Hewitt girl. The last either of them had seen Nell had been when school finished for summer. Usually, they would have seen her at least once during the summer but she'd been basically M.I.A the entire time.

"Oh, I didn't go anywhere. I just stayed inside and binged a couple box sets. Have either of you ever seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer?" Nell bit down hard on her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing at the confused look that painted itself across Josie's face.

PJ huffed and puffed beside them though neither paid her much attention. She was like a toddler in some ways, give them what they want and they never stop asking for it. Nell very rarely gave PJ any attention cause most of the time it just resulted in her being dragged into a boring conversation about Brittany and her 'smoking hot' PJ's words not Nell's, cheer uniform.

"If not, you should. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Dushku are so fine." Nell continued with a grin. Watching those two women on screen, kicking ass and looking good while doing it has been an amazing way to spend her summer.

PJ pulled a face. "If you say so."

Before another word could be exchanged between the trio, their school friend Hazel Callahan stepped up. Her outfit consisted of a pair of black pants, a colourfully embroidered white shirt and a corduroy vest. She looked good. At least Nell thought so.