The Date

"The date's today." Simon said to himself, still thinking about something.

He gets ready, and exits out of his room; but gets stopped by his Mom.

"Simon, you look off today. What's wrong?" Linda asks softly.

"I'm doing okay Mama." He wasn't doing okay tho, something was bothering him and he didn't know what it was.

"Okay, just making sure. Have fun with your date, stay safe!" She yells as Simon is walking out the door.

Simon:
Hey, where did you want to meet again?

Filip:
By the cafe near (street name of your choice).

Simon:
Ok see you then!

Simon closes his phone and heads to the bus stop to go to the cafe. He sits on the same seat where he had last sat when him and his friends talked about Wilhelm. That, that was probably why he was so bothered this morning. Simon hasn't talked to Wilhelm or been bothered by him, but why now? When he was going on a date with a whole new guy? He brushed it off and decided to check his phone.

"Shit." Simon whispered.

He checked to see a notification,
"Wille's Bday💕".

He remembers even more now. How he and Wilhelm talked about everything to each other, their birthdays, favorite food, just everything. Just by remembering all the nice convos they had fun with each other, was it the feeling or was it him missing Wilhelm?

He brushes it off once again since he was about to reach the cafe. The bus stops and he gets off.

Simon:
I'm outside the cafe btw.

Filip:
Great! Just come inside, I'm sitting at the table in the far left corner.

Simon goes inside the cafe and goes to the exact table where Filip was sitting at.

"So why did you choose to sit in the far left corner?" Simon ask jokingly.

"I just like being here, this is usually my spot when I go alone." Filip replies.

"That's nice to know. Do you want to order?" Simon asks.

"Yeah of course! You can go first." Filip replies back.

The waiter comes to take their order,
"Hi, I'd like a Kanelbulle please." Simon says to the waiter. "And I'd like a Semlor Bun please." Filip adds on.

Simons eyes widen. Semlor Buns were Wilhelms favorite dessert.

"Hey, you alright there?" Filip asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." Simon answers.

The date goes by pretty fast, he wasn't expecting it to though. They both say bye to each other,

Filip:
This was really fun, maybe we could meet up again sometime?

Simon:
Maybe. We'll see🙏

Filip:
Alright, good night Simon. Don't forget to
post the photo tonight!

Simon:
I won'tttt

Simon exits out of the app and opens Instagram

Posted!

Once the story was posted, Simon decided to go get ready for bed. Wilhelm was in another meeting, the last meeting for the week at least; Plus he didn't even know why he was at this meeting in the first place. It was his birthday. He wanted to check his phone out of boredom, so he did. He decides to open Instagram first out of all the other damn apps he had.

"Simon posted on his story. I'll just check it I guess" Wilhelm said to himself.

He reads "on a date w @filip_flips". As he stares at his phone even more, his heart aches every time his eyes would focus back to the photo and mostly the caption. He honestly misses Simon so much. But he can't even talk to him. Now he's on a date with someone else and Wilhelm didn't even know what he looked like. And what hurts even more is that Wilhelm thought Simon did this on purpose or just forgot about his birthday. Simon did kinda forget you know but he would never do any thing like that on purpose. Simon finally finishes getting ready and checks the views and likes. He sees that Wilhelm viewed the story, he remembers it's still his birthday. He wonders if he should greet him happy birthday today, but wouldn't that be random? Or even weird maybe. They didn't talk for a long time, Simon thinks that Wilhelm will get weirded out.

"No, I won't. He's probably busy right now anyway." Simon says as he gets ready for bed.

But Wilhelm on the other hand was just waiting for that specific message.