Interlude : Your Golden Hour

Kim Dokja reads the TWSA chapter and Hanibaram comes back to warm his heart (+protagonist's heart)

Kim Dokja remembered.

He had been on his way home to his small apartment after working overtime at his new employer, Minosoft Games Company.

Accompanied by the silence on the public bus, faint conversations around him, and his cell phone in his hand, the 22-year-old had sat alone on the edge of the back seat.

With his head against the window of the bus, his apathetic black eyes stared at the scenery of Seoul at night. Once fed up with the view, the man closed his eyes for a moment and tried to regain his composure. Today's day at work had been exhausting. After being severely scolded by Han Myungoh's annoying manager, the man had also heartlessly made him work overtime.

Even though he had only submitted the company's analysis data this month, it was not as if he had been the one who had compiled and worked on it.

A soft tune from his cell phone brought Kim Dokja out of his stupor.

The man hurriedly glanced at the pop up window on his unlocked phone and his eyes widened to see that the notification was about a new chapter of his favourite webnovel!

The fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, weariness and hatred that had gnawed on him instantly disappeared. With a happy heart, he opened the webnovel app and smiled happily as he saw that 5 new chapters had been posted by the Author-nim.

Instantly, the world around Kim Dokja drifted into background noise as his focus fell onto the story.

[ -Main Scenario #67 was one of the most difficult Main Scenarios, as Disaster came in the form of otherworldly cultists. Yoo Jonghyuk had already wasted three regressions in trying to deal with this scenario, yet it always ended in failure.

"Le-leader-nim..." Lifeless black eyes stared at the exhausted figure of Shin Yoosung beside him. Her sky-type monster was instantly exterminated by one of Disaster's subordinates.

The Disaster was The Fallen Temple, which had appeared majestically on the ceiling of the Seoul Dome. The surrounding area itself was protected by Valkyrie-type monsters that varied from class 7 to 20. As far as Jonghyuk knew, the temple itself was a Disaster and the source of all monsters that had appeared in the sky. It acted almost like a Dungeon, but the difficulty level was set higher.

"KYYYAAAAACKKKKK!" the loud screams of the guardian monsters almost made the listener's eardrums burst.

"Leader-nim! Are you okay?" Lee Hyunsung came staggering in. The man's face looked very pale and tired.

"Where's Lee Seolhwa?" It was Kim Namwoon's turn to show a troubled expression. How unusual.

"Seolhwa-noona has been injured quite badly." Jonghyuk's hands were clenched, thinking of the white-haired woman who was useless in this fight now.

"Lee Jihye?" Everyone fell silent. Yoo Jonghyuk gazed at his surroundings stoically, only to find the teenage girl already dead, with a Valkyrie sword in her bulging chest.

Ah... he had lost his sword, again.

"Everyone, prepare in your respective positions." Yoosung's face flickered with shock, a look of pain in her eyes.

"But! What about Seolhwa-eonnie-?!"

"Do you want to die protecting her?" Cut in the cold black-haired man without evenglancing at the girl.