The quiet before the Storm

Hello everyone! I'm back with Chapter 2 of Actor. So far, I'm able to create a chapter about every few days, so there should be a regular income of chapters for viewers. I try to put most quality into my chapters to make it seem as realistic and authentic as the actual show. Enjoy Actor, Chapter 2: The calm before The Storm!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Loud House.

Luan was tapping her brown shoes on the green carpeted floor. Sitting on the plush, reclined sofa, she looked at Dr. Langdell, who was writing down notes.

Dr. Langdell was a child psychologist, a shrink who was hired by the family to 'cure' Luan's social ineptitude. Or at least tried. No matter how many sessions they had, the problem never seemed to disappear.

"How are you doing today?" inquired Dr. Langdell.

"I'm doing fine," Luan said.

Dr. Langdell looked up from his papers. He put his elbows on the desk and leaned forward. He replied in an unbelieving tone, "That's nice to hear. But your parents tell me a different story. Can you tell me again how you got those bruises?"

Luan just said, "I accidentally crashed while riding my unicycle. The kids loved it. You could say I Wheelie lost control," she ended in her humorous tone.

"Yet unicycle crashes don't leave that much damage," Dr. Langdell thought. Her parents had told him she had come back from one of her clown-for-hire birthday parties covered with bruises and without her unicycle. The story Luan had just told him was the same she had given to her parents, who believed it just as much as he did.

He simply looked down at his notes and wrote, "Luan still won't open up."

He then pushed the note into a filing cabinet and tried to get Luan to tell him what he was thinking. He changed the topic of the conversation.

"Can you tell me about your social life?" Dr. Langdell began. "More specifically, the friends that you have."

Luan thought about this. After a moment or two, she replied, "Well, you know my boyfriend, Benny. There's also my friends from the high school play club and mime class. But then again, the ones at mime class or more of acquaintances than friends."

"I would imagine why," replied Dr. Langdell dryly, writing her answers on another piece of paper.

"There's also friends of the family," Luan continued. "I also have a friend from, uh... a comedy group called Giggles."

"Giggles? Let me guess; a clown."

"Yes, yes she is," Luan said, hiding her annoyance. The way he would sometimes speak, a condescending sort of tone as if he was saying, "I am superior to you. I am more normal. I am better. I am not a freak." Wasn't his job to be empathetic and to understand the patient? That was a joke, Luan thought.

"Okay, I've heard enough about your friends," Dr. Langdell said suddenly. "Let's talk about your relations to those you don't consider a friend, just another person with no positives or negatives?"

Luan formulated a response. "Well, those I don't consider friends have a sort of distance, you know? They say 'hello' and 'goodbye' and all those other formalities, but they will make an effort to stay away. I'm feeling like I've made myself a kind of pariah for being who I am. I think that's what makes me a target for them to go after; because of how different I am."

"Yet another sob story," Dr. Langdell thought. "Well, why don't you get a teacher or something to stop this?"

Luan struggled to not laugh. That was even worse of a joke than this quack trying to 'solve' her social ineptitude. Everyone knew it was everyone for themselves when it came to school. It was a lesson learnt as early as elementary. The teachers inability, or lack of will, to do anything was a reason why the clubs were so popular. Clubs provided students with a social group that had similar interests, so they didn't feel as alone. However, the same phenomenon that made the clubs popular applied to clubs too. Before there were kids with more mainstream hobbies than others, which gave the majority a minority to harass. Now it was a group of kids.