Episode 2: The Slumbering Weald! Who's those Pokemon?

Zacian and Zamazenta are trying to attack Ash and Pikachu. Luckily, Ash and Pikachu dodged their leaps. Ash commands Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on them. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, but the Move phase through them. Ash is super confused, then Pikachu goes for a Quick Attack, but that move also phase through them. "What's going on?" Ash asks himself.
Zacian and Zamazenta howls, creating a thicker fog. Ash and Pikachu couldn't see anything, and then they both went unconscious.

A few minutes later, Ash and Pikachu got woken up by none other than Leon and his Young Brother Hop. Ash is excited to meet Leon in person, and he tells Leon he just watched his fight and was happy to see it. Leon is thankful for the compliment. What's Leon and Hop doing here? Well, a random Wooloo got lost in this forest, so they went to go look for it, and they've found it. They all got out of the Wield, and now their in Postwick; Leon's and Hop's Home town. Ash introduced himself and Pikachu, They're both from Pallet town in Kanto. Leon introduced himself and his young brother Hop. Ash is surprised to hear that. But Leon asked what Ash was doing there? Ash explains, his bag was stolen by some pokemon and then came across two large pokemon and then went unconscious. Leon and Hop are a little confused. Hop ask what the large pokemon looks like, Ash answers one was Blue, and the next one was Red, and both of them were on 4 legs. Hop looks up his Rotom Phone pokedex to search for those two Ash described, but the Rotom Phone had no data on them. Ash finds that very odd. Anyway, Hop asked Leon about letting him take on the gym challenge. Leon says, "I don't know if you're really qualified." Hop says he's qualified to do it. In fact, he challenged Ash to a battle. Leon is unsure about that because he can't just battle some random trainer. Ash accepts the challenge because he loves to fight challengers, plus it would be an honor to fight the Champion's Younger Brother. Hop is happy to hear that.

The Two Fight on a Little Field near Leon's and Hop's House. Leon is the referee. It's a 1 vs. 1 match. Ash uses Pikachu, and Hop sends out his Partner Wooloo.

The fight starts now.
Hop commands Wooloo to use Tackle. Ash commands Pikachu to use Iron Tail. Pikachu slams a Iron Tail on Wooloo, and that immediately defeats it.

Leon: "Wooloo is unable to battle, Pikachu wins! Victory goes to Ash!"

Ash is a bit confused and disappointed because the match ended way too quickly. Hop is upset he lost that easily, and now he can't take on the gym challenge. Leon and Hop's Mom shows up and calls the boys for dinner. Leon invites Ash to join, and he happily accepts. The guys are having a nice dinner. Ash's Pikachu, Hop's Wooloo, and Leon's Charizard are also eating and playing with each other. Ash, ask Hop what the gym challenge is. Hop answers, "The Gym Challenge is where Trainers participate to challenge the 8 Gym leaders, win their badge so they can enter the Wyndon Stadium."

Ash: "But why can't you just enter the gyms normally?"

Leon: "Ah, that's right, you're from Kanto. Things are way different here in Galar; you need an endorsement letter and register to enter the stadiums."

Ash: "Really?"

Leon: "That's right, and those who have 8 badges can enter the Wyndon Stadium and battle their way to reach to the Exhibition Match to battle me."

Ash is amazed to hear that.

Hop: "And that's why I want to enter, so I can battle Leon."

Ash wants to enter the gym challenge, but he needs an endorsement first, but first, Leon will take the boys somewhere after dinner. The next day, Leon takes the boys to Wedgehurst in a big lab. Inside the lab, a Yamper runs to Leon and nuzzles his foot. Leon pats it on the head, saying it's good to see him again. Here they Meet Galar's Professor, an old woman named Magnolia. She welcomes Leon and Hop to her lab. Ash introduced himself to her, and she greeted him. Magnolia is a professor who studied Dynamax. What's Dynamax Ash ask. Dynamax is a Gimmick exclusive in Galar, where Pokémon can turn super big, but they can only be used in certain places like Stadiums. Ash is amazed to hear that. The episode ends with a young woman from upstairs walking down to greet everyone.

To be continued.