Recovery

Sitting the med-bay, y/n stared out the window. Smoke bellowed, and soldiers still cleaned up from the previous operation.

With a knock on the doorframe, y/n turned to see the doctor standing there.

Doctor: Alright, Mr. Langnar. You're free to go.

The boy stood up, his arm still bandaged. He had tons of small glass shards in his arm and one medium-sized shard in his hip. He recovered quite well as he didn't struggle to walk out of the building.

When he left, he was met with Mikasa.

Mikasa: Y/n. I was just coming to see how you were doing.

Y/n slowly looked at his bandaged arm.

Y/n: I'm fine. Nothing vital was hit. I'm alright.

Mikasa closely examined him by taking his arm his arm and scanning every inch of it with her eyes. Gently placing his arm back, she looked at him with a small smile.

Mikasa: I'm glad you're alright.

Y/n gave her a sad smile as she then embraced him.

Mikasa: All those things you said about yourself before... they aren't true. You don't have anything. And you are one of the strongest people I know. Hearing you berate yourself like that broke my heart.

Y/n: I'm sorry...

Mikasa: Don't apologize. Just... don't say stuff like that. Now come on. Titans have breached wall rose.

Y/n: What?!

Y/n said, shocked. She said it so nonchalantly as if it wasn't a big deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n, along with tons of scouts, were on their horses, waiting for the gate to open. In the center of the formation was a cart that had Levi, hange, armin, eren, Mikasa, and Pastor Nick. He was one of the members of the church who praised the wall. Hange hoped that he could shed some light on why there were titans within the wall.

The night air was cool. Occasionally, y/n would doze off on his horse but would quickly awaken whenever a cold breeze would hit his face.

Hours have passed, and y/n could faintly hear what they were asking, Pastor Nick. Eventually, they rode along the side of the wall. Y/n looked up at it as they rode by. It was illuminated by torches. It looked quite beautiful, in his opinion. Finally, they stopped within Ehrmich. Y/n hopped off his horse and hitched it to a pole.

Journal Entry:
Ehrmich. Thousands of refugees are pouring through here upon the news of wall rose being breached. It looked like hell. And it surely was. Hopefully, we can get a jump on the titans and slow the invasion. I don't even know what the hell we're doing now.

Snapping his journal shut, he stuffed into his pocket before walking to hange. Suddenly, Sasha busted through a door.

Sasha: Important message! I'm with the 104th Cadet Corps! My name is Sasha braus!

Everyone was still in shock at who the pastor had just mentioned.

Sasha: Sorry. This message is for your section commander.

Pastor nick: This comes to the end of what I can share with you. I leave the rest in your capable hands.

Hange: But...if she's in the 104th, then that means she's at the front lines by now!

Eren: Then we shouldn't waste any more time!

Eren yelled as he turned and ran. Without even realizing she was there, he ram into Sasha, knocking her to the ground.