𝐢. sta bene?

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"I detest boats." Anna hissed under her breath, clutching Carlisle's arm as he chuckled lightly and guided her off of the ship which had been their home for the past few weeks as they journeyed from Germany to Italy where they would make their home after being ousted from the country after accusations of witchcraft began to bubble and the two were far too clever not to realise it was time to go.

The existence of Anna and Carlisle Cullen was usually a very peaceful one.

It were nearing the 150th anniversary of both Anna's execution and her changing into a vampire but they were so very far from where it had taken place that neither felt the need to bring it up. It was a difficult topic for the late Queen and she did everything in her power not to be reminded of the fact.

Which was difficult with the clean white scar covered by a velvet choker wound around her slender neck.

"Let me just get the carriage prepared before you vomit venom all over Italy." Carlisle said with a teasing tone as he set his friend down on a low stone wall as she grumbled. "I'll be right back, don't wander."

"I am not a child, Carlisle." Anna muttered but the blonde doctor was already walking away.

The vampire sighed as she stared around the port, wrinkling her nose at the smell of fish which wafted from the fisherman's boats from every direction and closing her eyes when a wave of dizziness wafted over her.

Of all the vampire powers couldn't aversion to seasickness be one? She wondered to herself as she furrowed her brows and readjusted her deep red skirts. She adored the fashions of this time and although a francophile to her death, she would always have a profound respect for Italy.

She had modelled for a renaissance painter in France once, early into the emergence of this new era of art, and it was still her very favourite painting she had seen. Although some mysterious buyer had beat her to the punch in purchasing the painting and Anna had been utterly devastated.

Anna's musings were interrupted as she felt the cool breeze and when she blinked open her deep amber eyes, she came face to face with a shadow.

A shadow with red eyes.

"Sta bene, signora?" ( are you alright, my lady )

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Sì, chi sei?" The beautiful brunette woman asked and Demetri couldn't help but laugh lightly. ( yes, who are you? )

Ever since he had arrived at the port in Venice under orders from his King's to bring back information from a rebel vampire from Romania who was spying on the coven for the Volturi. He was also supposed to apparently guide some English doctor towards Volterra at the behest of Aro, but he had found himself being inexplicably pulled towards a girl with raven hair. 

And the most alabaster skin he had ever seen.

He knew quite immediately she was one of his own kind if the parasol blocking out the sun from revealing how her skin would sparkle under its light and the piercing amber of her eyes gave any indication of the fact. But he could not explain the pull he felt towards her. It was not one of lust. Nor of hunger. But of curiosity, of something akin to seeing a family member after a very long time.

Demetri had not seen or felt family in a very long time.

So naturally, he approached her.

"You're English, yes?" Demetri questioned, realising she had already noted the ruby of his eyes in comparison to her amber. She nodded, eyes narrowed as she leant back slightly to look up at him. "What brings you over to Italia?"