The Lead III

***

***

"What do you suggest?" Fraser asked with a suggestive grin. She waved him off.

"I can tell what you are thinking, my love and I doubt Lord Calthorpe would appreciate it."

He had no idea what it was they were thinking but every fibre of his being rejected it very strongly. But reconsidered it again when her gaze fell on Amara again.

"What do you say to honing our skills?" she asked. Amara raised her brows slightly in confusion.

"Skills?"

"Yes, skills." As she said that, she crossed over to the centrepiece table to bring out a round silver ornate mirror frame with no glass from under the table. Xelan never thought Ivina to be the one to care enough to bring along a galde.

"That may be rather unnecessary, Ivie. We're trying to hide under the overflow not remove it."

She set the frame on the farther end of the room anyway, ignoring Fraser's concern. "No need to worry, I'm just shaving off a little. Consider it my act of service to the poor folks outside."

She turned to Amara. "How great is your aim?"

"Average on a good day," she admitted.

"It'll have to do. Would you mind joining me for a bit of target practice?"

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Oh come on, if you are going to be married to a magus like Xelan, you do have sharpen these sorts of skills. Sythmore is a treacherous place."

There was truth in her words. But if what she planned on doing was what he was thinking of, he doubted this would help. Amara looked to him, either for help or any indication that it was alright. It was hard to say, even with her communicated feelings. But he did wonder, as precarious as it was letting her tap into his powers with their bond, if a bit of practice on how to use them may come in handy with Xaine around. When he did not make word of protest to the idea, she stood, much to Ivina's delight.

"I hope you don't mind if I go first?" she asked, stretching her arm out. Her open palm burned bright teal before a beam shot out of it to race towards the galde. On impact, its invisible middle glowed the same colour before it blended into a myriad of several other colours, as it sucked in an equal amount of aura that hovered above. Fraser clapped heartily.

"Bravo," he cheered and she bowed with a flourish to his applause.

"Thank you. You're too kind." She turned to Amara. "Your turn."

Xelan could tell it was taking everything in Amara not to ask what she meant by it being her turn. He held back a laugh at her dumbfounded look.

"I think I might need a little bit more than a good aim for this."