Part 10: I'm not a spy

Robin's POV

"lets grab some food," I said as I pointed to the Chick-fil-A.

"Sure," Valerie said.

We walked over and ordered our food. I got the chicken wrap with no ranch, while Valerie got the classic chicken sandwich.

"You're so basic," I said laughing as we sat down at a table.

"But it taste good," she said.

"True," I replied.

"Soooooooo" she said taking a pause, "how have you been. You know since the incident."

It took me by surprise for a second, then I finally said something "I've been fine, you know other than the fact that you ditched me, and while everyone hated me you were living on friken cloud 9."

"Robin, I'm sorry," she said.

"You're sorry, you left me at one of my hardest times," I said angrily.

"Oh and you think it wasn't hard for me. Having my best friend kill my other best friend!"

"It's not my fault she died, you're the one that pushed her, and while I tried saving her, you just stood there making jokes. Be glad I never told anyone about that!" I retorted back.

"You know what, your dad wanted me to figure out if something was wrong with you, but no nothings wrong with you, you're just being a selfish b*tch!!" she said.

"You only came to spy on me," I replied.

"HEY!! I'm not a spy, and we wouldn't be in this situation if you had just hung on a little longer!!!! " she practically yelled.

"Stop trying to gaslight me," I said as I got up.

"Where are you going," Valerie said.

"Anywhere away from you, and you know what!! We're done being friends, so don't bother calling me, talking to me, etc."

"Fine, what do I care. Go murder yourself for all I care." She yelled back.

I walked out of the mall and walked down the street. I didn't know where I was going, but I did know I didn't want to see dad. How could he ask Valerie to spy on me. I was too busy in my thoughts to realize a car driving as I walked across the cross-walk. I noticed it as it pressed the brakes and stopped abruptly. That's when I noticed it was a cop car.

"Robin?" I heard a female voice say.

'Oh sh*t,' I thought.

Athena got out of the car and walked over to me.

"What are you doing here alone, it's almost dark out," she said.

I shrugged.

"Yeah, well if you don't tell me I'm gonna have to at least take you either to the station or to your dad's." she said.

"I'd rather get arrested then go home and see him," I said.

"I have nothing to arrest you for," she said.

I didn't think twice, I slapped her across the face.

"What the h*ll," she started but I cut her off.

"There, Penal Code 241, assaulting an officer, leaves me to a year in jail or paying a fine of $2,000 (or both). I choose jail," I said.

"I'm not going to arrest you," Athena said.

I was going to slap her again, "And please don't try to slap me again."

I did it anyway, she grabbed her cuffs and cuffed me as she sat me in the back seat and drove off.

Yes, 1 year in jail. Meaning one year of not seeing dad and Valerie.