The Disappearance: Amelia - 11 July 2019

The disappearance of Amelia Kingsley, a quirky and spirited young woman was the talk of the town. Amelia, an unassuming accountant with a penchant for vintage clothing and a laugh that could light up a room, lived in a charming old building nestled in the heart of the city. Her friends often teased her about her peculiar habit of grimacing, sticking out her tongue, or striking comical poses whenever she crossed paths with one of the surveillance cameras on the stairwell leading to her fourth-floor apartment. Little did anyone know that this peculiar ritual would become the focal point of a baffling mystery.

On that fateful evening, as the sun dipped below the city skyline, Amelia began her ascent up the steps. She had just returned from another mundane day at work and was wearing a vintage polka-dot dress that she adored. As always, she smiled with a mix of embarrassment and amusement as she approached the first camera on the landing between the first and second floors. With a playful twinkle in her eyes, she contorted her face into a grotesque caricature, her lips twisted into a lopsided grin, and her nose scrunched up like a mischievous imp.

But this time, something eerie happened. As Amelia reached the top of the stairs, having successfully transformed herself into a living cartoon for the camera's lens, she vanished from the view of the security feed on the 1st floor, and never reappeared on the camera for the second flight of stairs, nor did she ever make it to her apartment. It was as if she had been plucked from existence. The camera's feed displayed an empty stairwell, devoid of Amelia's presence. The seconds that followed seemed like an eternity as the camera continued to capture the empty stairwell. No sign of her. No sound.