Game Night: The 4 Friends - 08 July 2019

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Amelia had spent time with her group of friends who, by all accounts, appeared to be perfectly normal individuals leading typical lives. They gathered regularly for board game nights, movie marathons, and casual dinners at each other's apartments.

Seated around the coffee table, they shuffled cards for a round of "Bluffing Diplomats," a board game that seemed all too appropriate given their current situation.

Amelia's best friend, Caitlyn, was a bubbly and outgoing graphic designer who often served as the life of the party. She chuckled as she sipped her wine, her eyes glinting with mischief. "You know, if I were a spy, my cover would be as a quirky accountant who makes funny faces at security cameras," she teased, raising her glass in a mock toast.

"Or a secret agent who hides coded messages in vintage dresses," chimed in Callux, a laid-back IT support guy who likes conspiracy theories and has a passion for tech gadgets.

Amelia laughed along with them, her infectious joy filling the room. "Well, then, that makes me the world's worst secret agent," she quipped, her blue eyes sparkling. She glanced at her other friend, Olivia, a reserved librarian who loves mystery novels. "What about you, Liv? Any secret talents we don't know about?" Olivia blushed and brushed a strand of dark hair behind her ear. "I'd be the master of disappearing acts," she said with a wry smile. "Disappear into the pages of a good book, that is."

As they played the game, the banter continued. Caitlyn bluffed about having an ace up her sleeve, while Callux exaggerated his hacking skills. Amelia couldn't help but make funny faces every time someone accused her of bluffing. Hours passed in a blur of laughter and camaraderie, and it felt like just another typical evening with friends. They all went home way too late as always.