welcome to the villains world! prolouge, stranger waking

You opened your eyes slowly and adjusted to the darkness, realizing you were in a tiny space you felt around it with your hands, you were in a coffin, you felt your clothes and realized you had robes on, black robes with gold intricate designs on, purple inside the fabric, you also realized your long, (h/c) twin tails have been let down.

'Huh? I'm in a coffin! Who put me here?!'
You frantically thought, banging on the lid of the coffin with your palms.

"Ugh....gotta get this uniform before anyone spots me!"
A new voice spoke out

'Huh? Who is that?'
You wondered, suddenly stopping banging on the lid

"Uurrghhh....this lid weighs a ton! Try this on for size! MYA-HA!!"
Suddenly, the lid to the coffin you were in flew off, and blue fire surrounded it

"AAAA!! FIRE!!"
you screamed, terrified that the fire might burn you

"Now to grab the goods... WAIT! You're not supposed to be awake! Whatever. You! Human! Give me your uniform and be quick about it!"
The voice demanded

"A talking cat?..."
You questioned him

"How.....HOW DARE YOU!! I am the great grim!! Tch... whatever just gimme your uniform!!"
Grim demanded again, you just ignored him and looked around

"There's....floating coffins?..."
You questioned yourself

"Oh-ho! You have some nerve ignoring me! The names grim. Belive me, you won't forget it! Now give me your uniform! And be quick!"
He demands once again, getting annoyed

'Does he mean the robes?'
You looked down and inspected them, you realized you still had your black and magenta hair ribbons you usually put in your hair after you tie your twin tails up

"Otherwise...you'll regret it!!"
Grim threatened you

"ahhh!! Someone help!"
You yelled loudly for help,grim being annoyed by that

"Hey! Human! I'm on a tight schedule here!"
Grim says, annoyed

"Getting burned alive by a cat...is this a dream?...."
You thought outloud

"Well keep dreaming! Cuz I'm not a cat!"
Grim denys being a cat

You decide to run away from grim because you were NOT going to be burnt alive by grim, Grim eventually chases after you until you outrun him

🗺 - library

"Huff....I ran more than I danced for my  songs at this point..."
You decide to sit down and take a rest, your long (h/c) hair spreading out on the floor

"HAH! FOUND YOU!! you think you could run away from me? Now, take off that uniform unless you wanna get burned to a crisp- MEYEOWCH?! THAT HURT! WHAT GIVES!?"
grim suddenly had a whip wrapped around him, keeping him in place

"Consider it tough love."
A new person comes into your view. His face is concealed by a half-mask resembling a raven's beak. Through this mask, his eyes are occasionally seen glowing gold. He has pointed ears and short, wavy black hair.

He sports a greatcoat over his suit. Thick blackbird feathers curl out from its blue-collar, while the tips of the coat are cut to resemble two bird wings.

He wears black gloves on either hand, with golden claw rings over each of his fingers. Three mirror-like accessories are attached to his hip, with four golden keys dangling from them. He wears another mirror-like charm on his hat, which has three more keys - making a total of seven.

(A/n, yes I copy and pasted this, sue me)

"Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students?
My, were you ever eager to make your debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."
The new person says, you getting slightly confused and annoyed by him

"Hes not-"
you begin to say, until grim interrupted you

"As if id serve some random human! Now let me go!"
Grim struggles to get out of the whip

"Yes, yes. Rebellious pets always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?"
Crowely silences grim, whenever grim spoke it would then turn into muffles

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it.
Does the very notion of patience elude you?
No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

"Student?...gate?....what are you talking about?"
You questioned him

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not?
All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates.
Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up...."
He mumbles the last part

"So....the coffins are...gateways?..."
You questioned him

"The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world,
and a rebirth into a new one."
He answers, you suddenly remembered  len, rin, meiko, Luka, and kaito, you frown, missing them

"I think the cat blew the lid off of mine.."
You blame grim

"The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours.
You're the one who insisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility!"
He scolds you

"But now is not the time for such prattle.
You've a student orientation to attend!
Go on, now. Make haste."
He adds

"Wait, just who are you? And where am I?"
You questioned him

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness?
The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories...
Well, these things happen, I suppose.
I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my graciousness is boundless."
He begins to boost his own ego as you look at him in confusion

🗺 - courtyard.

*ahem*
He fake coughed to get your attention, as your turn your head to him he begins to speak

"This is Night Raven College.
It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic.
It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland.
And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."
Crowely explains the school and introduced himself, your eyes widen since he said 'magic'

"Magic?! Academy?!"
You yell in surprise, you've never been to school, so this was the first time you've ever been to a school

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college.
Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates,' which can appear anywhere."
Crowely explains to you

"A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you"
He continues. You suddenly remembered that you saw a horse with a scary face and crossing a dark forest

"I do remember that..."
You answer him, looking up at him

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror.
It too bears a gate that connects to this campus.
And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."
Crowely says, explaining the black carriage

'So the black carriage brought me here?....'
You though, grim still struggling to get out of the whip

"Mmmphhhffff!!!"

"Now, let us attend your orientation"
Crowely says, you following behind him

~ 39 ~

(A/N: Wow! First chapter! I hope you all enjoy this! :) )