welcome to the villains world! prolouge, first day at school + meeting a freshm

You and grim swept off the dust of the bed and slept there, it was uncomfortable, but it would do for now. You both had gone to sleep for the night until it was morning
"Hee hee hee... Aren't the two of you supposed to be off cleaning the school today?" A ghost laughs

"Mmmmm... Nngh... Five more minutes, Ma..."
Grim mumbles as the ghosts try to wake him up. "Go ahead, sleep the day away. And you might not eeever hafta wake up again." Another ghost taunts. "Just like us! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!" Another ghost laughs

"Myah?! The ghosts are back! Hey, y/n, up and at 'em!" Grim yells as you wake up, quickly retying your black and magenta hair ribbons

- BATTLE START!! -

"So I hear you'll be living here from now on? Hope you like pranks as much as we do! Hya ha ha!"
One of the ghosts taunt, reminding you of how the kagamine twins pranked you often

"We gotta get rid of those things for good!" Grim yells to you as he clings on your arm, you smiling warmly at the sight. "Good morning, Ms.hatsune. Did you sleep well?" Crowely asked

"Not at all! When I sprawled out on the bed, the mattress fell right through the frame!
Exactly how ramshackle IS this dorm?
And worse yet, we got woken up by ghosts!" Grim complains loudly to him

"I've slept well!" You cheerfully say, smiling. "I am delighted to hear that you've adjusted so well, despite being sent another world!" Crowely says to you.
"Now, let's discuss our assignment today"

🗺 - ramshackle dorm, lounge

You, grim, and crowely walk to the lounge of the dorm. "Your job today is to clean the campus.
That said, the campus is vast, and without magic, it'd be quite the Herculean task to clean it all.
Therefore, today I'll have you focus on the area spanning from the front gates to the library.
Now, Ms.hatsune...
I do expect that you'll keep a close eye on Grim, lest he cause another incident like yesterday." Crowely explains to you. You nod as grim sighs

"Do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria.
I eagerly await the fruits of your labor."
Crowely adds. "Hrmph. I ain't cleanin' nothin'!
I'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW! FWOOM!" Grim describes what he wants to do. You shook your head 'No' and sighed. "Let's just head there for now"
You say to grim as he pouts

🗺 - main street

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!
I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary.
Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues."
Grim says as you nod. You had your long (h/c) twin tails up with you black and magenta hair ribbons as usual, your uniform consisting only of gray color (pretend the uniform is cute for the sake of the story)

You hear footsteps and see a new person. He had ginger hair with a heart drawn near his eye. "You don't know the queen of hearts?" He says as he keeps walking towards you both

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim asks, the unknown person begins to explain her to grim "She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago.
She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step.
She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her.
You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" He says as you shiver, though, it reminded you of your many songs you preformed. 'The world is mine'.

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim exclaims as you nod in agreement. "Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan.
I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" He replied to grim as you look at him, he slightly blushes and quickly looks away from you. "Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong." Grim replies to him. "But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?" Grim quickly adds
"Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!"
Ace greets himself

"I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived.
That there's my far less interesting hench-woman." Grim introduced himself and you to Ace. You waved and smiled at him.

" 'y/n'? Huh. Name's got an nice ring to it."
Ace complements you. "Ah...thanks ace-kun" you thank Ace for complementing you and he nods, getting over his blush. "So tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scare in the eye a famous ruler too?" Grim asks Ace. "Of course!
That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna.
But he wasn't born into the throne - he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes.
When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals." Ace explains to grim as the two of you have sparkles in your eyes from interest

"Sounds like a great guy! Not everyone's able to look past social status like that.
Who's the auntie with the octopus legs?"
Grim questions Ace again. "The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto.
She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk.
If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever!
They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad high, though.
But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Ace explains to grim again, wording it so you specifically would get interested more, basically trying to impress you

"Myaha! So you're sayin' that once I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch?!
Oh, oh! Do the dude with the big hat next!" Grim exclaims as Ace nods. "That's the Sorcerer of the Sands.
He was an advisor to a foolish sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort.
He exposed this swindler once - some guy pretending to be a prince in order to trick the princess!
After that, he got this magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. Then, they say...
... he used that power to become sultan himself!" Ace exclaims and your eyes widen

"Wow! Guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh?
And what about this pretty lady over here?" Grims asks once again. "She's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land.
In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a daily basis!
When it looked like her position was threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it.
Can you even imagine the level of dedication it would require to keep a record like that?
Also, they say she was a master of making poisons!" Your eyes widen again from surprise as Ace smiles. "Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary." Grim says, you nodding in agreement. "You think so? I gotta respect the hustle!" Ace replies to grim. "F-for sure... Sounds like she fought hard for what she believed in, and never gave up!
And the one there, with the flaming head? Now THAT guy looks scary!" Grim yells. "That's the King of the underworld!
Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits - that takes competence!
He may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for.
I mean, this is the guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra, and the Titans into battle for him." Ace says, trying to impress you again, your eyes sparkling again from interest and Ace smiles in victory.

"Hmm. That IS something. T'think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head!
And that last one there, with the horns?" Grim points to the statue. "That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mythical mountain.
She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses - even by the standards of these seven!
She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale!
She could even turn herself into a giant dragon." Ace explains one last time to grim. "Ooh. a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Grim excitedly exclaims

"Pretty cool, huh?
Not like some piddling weasel."
Ace insults