Chapter Five: Card Wars

This time, you wake up earlier than Finn and Jake, so you're able to make some breakfast for them, which you really like to do. There's something about sharing food you made with other people that you really enjoy. I guess it just feels better when you don't eat all of it yourself, you think to yourself as you put a bunch of sausages into the pan.

You don't want to admit it to yourself, but you're starting to get used to your lifestyle in the treehouse. It's not like you want to stay here forever, but staying in one place feels a lot better to you than traveling.

I think that, maybe I do want to settle somewhere, you consider, Maybe I do want a home.

But thinking about this just makes your heart ache as you think about your circumstances. If you were to live somewhere, you'd want Prismo to be there with you. But he can't be there, because he's trapped in that small room, forever.

You were so lost into thought that by the time you snap out of it, you realize that you finished making breakfast. You put your sausages, eggs, and pancakes onto the table and set up the utensils.

You sit and wonder if the boys are up yet, not wanting to eat without them. You don't want to go and wake them up, because that feels like a breach of privacy, so you just stay where you are. However, in a few minutes, you hear Finn and Jake talking to each other as they come down to the kitchen.

"...Okay, so we can make some breakfast and then- dude!" Finn is surprised as he finds that you've already made breakfast. "Aw man, I thought we were gonna beat you to the breakfast-making again."

The mood has shifted at the sight of the two, and you decide to have some fun. "No way! I'm never gonna let you!" You put on a stereotypical villain voice. "You shall eat my breakfast, forever!!!"

"NOOOO!" Finn and Jake both shout, playing along. You three all laugh together.

"But for realsies, you don't have to do this for us," Finn tells you.

"Well, I'm doing this for you guys cuz I want to, and that's that," you hum cheerfully as they sit down.

"(Y/N), you're seriously the bestest. Thank you." Finn says, taking a bite out of his sausage.

"Oh, (Y/N), I got some good news." Jake announces. "Prismo wants you, I, and the Cosmic Owl to come by for a board game session. I'm going after breakfast, wanna come?"

"He invited me?"

"Yeah, see for yourself." Jake holds out a phone and shows you Prismo's message:

"Can you ask (Y/N) if they want to come over too please?"

"I'd love to come over! But I'm not, um, barging in on your 'bro time' or anything, am I?" You check in to make sure.

"Of course not! No need to worry. Oh man, zhis breakfash yuu made ish good," Jake says, stuffing himself with your breakfast.

"Thanks!" You smile and giggle, Jake's little stretchy self is still really funny to you. "So, Finn, do you have any plans today?" You ask.

"Oh, I'm gonna be doing stuff with PB in the lab."
"PB?"

"Yeah, Princess Bubblegum. You know, the ruler of candy kingdom."