✨️Incoming Call ✨️

Arohi's Pov-

I ran towards the emergency room as one of my patient was in labour and was taken to the O.T .

After 1 hour I came out and announced to the patient's family that she has given birth to a cute baby girl. I smiled while looking at the family's happiness. I always dreamed of a family like this, who will adore me, make me feel prioritiesed but plans sometime doesn't go as planned. I handed over the babygirl to the father.He had happy tears in his eyes.

I asked a nurse to allow the family member to meet the patient one by one.

I came to my cabin, drank some water and suddenly heard my phone ringing. I went to the drawer and took my phone and saw the most unexpected thing.

An incoming call from DAD." Does he still remember me?" I said sarcastically. Its being like this always. Neither he called me without any need nor i liked to call him or anyone from India. All the people living there has done so many bad things, to me. To let go of those things, i moved to America where i can atleast live peacefully.

With hesitation I answered the call, there was a silence between the caller named Dad and me. He spoke first and thank god he did because i was going to cut it in the next second. "Hello, Is anybody there?" He asked."Yes Dr.Arohi Arora speaking, how can I help you?" I answered. "Shalu is getting married after 3 days....And we will like to have our younger daughter to be present in her elder sister's wedding"-he exclaimed. "Atleast you said your younger daughter. I'll try to be present there. I have to work. If you kindly cut the call I can focus on my work" I lied. I declined the call. I never wanted to be part of them or their shitty family functions but this is my sister's wedding, she's the one who always supported me at my lowest. I have to be there at any cost.

I came back from another O.T and saw it was already 8:15pm. "Today was really tiring, I just want to go home"I sighed. I packed up my things and went towards the garage. I turned on the engine of my Mercedes Maybach and started driving towards my apartment.

It was a 20 minutes ride. I entered my apartment after applying the password. I saw my two "Jaan se pyaari bestfriends"(my lifelines) for whom I'm still alive and mentally stable. Tara is a proffesional lawyer and Mahira is a fashion designer as her passion. I saw them watching the T.V . They looked at me as I arrived. "Guyssss didi (elder sister) is getting married next week so I am visiting India again but with you this time hehe"I said while jumping on the couch. "Really?????I am so happy and i'll gladly come to her wedding"Mahira exclaimed. "Tara mujhe bhuk lag rahi hain, kuch khana bana de yaar"I requested. I was never a good cook, either i will set the apartment on fire or we will be out of the apartment in no days. Thankfully Tara can cook or we have to order meal everytime. We all entered the dinner table and sat on our respective chairs. "Aru can my boyfriend Alex come with us to visit India?" Mahira asked. "Ofcourse no big deal Mahi"I said in no time. They know about my relationship with my parents and they even comforted me when i used have a lot of panic attacks .After the yummy dinner we went to sleep after wishing good night to each other to our respective bedrooms. I had some important work pending but pensively I couldn't. My hands were shaking tremendously. Yes I have a lot of anxiety. Thanks to my conservative family for this. With lot problem I went towards the bed and immediately fell on it.

Tomorrow there is a inauguration party in the hospital and i have to cut the ribbon for the new wing of the hospital. I have to attend it at 12 noon so extraaa sleep.......and then have to even book the tickets to India.

"Good night Arohi, tomorrow's going to be a longgg dayy. And dream of your frictional husbands" I said to myself and closed my eyes to fell into a deep slumber the very next minute.

I woke up in the morning and checked my phone to see its 10:23am. "Oh shit I'm going to be late, why this alarm never ring at right time, khatara(useless)" I cried. I hurriedly did my morning routine and went to take a bath. I came back after 35 minutes. I was checking my closet to see which attire i'll wear.
I found this-