Chapter 32

"Are we gonna go after him?" Wrecker cut through the silence that was building as we made our back onboard the Havoc. Hunter leaned his weight into the opposite wall across from Tech, crossing his arms. Deep in thought.

I eyed Tech who was engaged hooking up his device to the Navi computer. Omega was curled up next to Wrecker, looking up at Hunter with a focused gaze. What was she thinking about all of this?

    "It could be a trap". Tech responded. However his posture relaxed as he let out a deep sigh. "That is what could be awaiting us. Hunter, we may not have agreed with Crosshair's choices, but he is still our brother". Both could be true at the same time.

He was not wrong about this message being sent to us as a potential hook to lure us in. Either by Crosshair himself or the Empire. And the latter held just as much truth. Crosshair was their brother. While we could debate his choices all day, at the end of it he sounded desperate and alone. In need of help.

Tech knew that. And I think deep down Hunter knew it too. He had to.

Hunter opened his eyes. My mouth curved upwards. He made his decision. "Tech lock onto his coordinates".

   "Affirmative".

   "Wrecker, help Omega strap in". Hunter ordered, to which Wrecker responded by nodding and setting her properly in her seat.

     "Your doing the right thing". I followed after Hunter as he receded further into the hallway. He let out a long sigh before turning his back away from me.

   "It could still be a trap". He muttered, echoing Tech's words of caution.

I shook my head. It was possible. But I didn't think so. "Maybe, but he sounded scared to me. He's reaching out Hunter and didn't you say that he'd always have a place here?"

    "I remember you telling him that too. You were pretty convincing". He reminded me.

   "I just told him the truth". I shrugged.

   "Last time he had a gun pointed at you". He brought up. His brows narrowed as his jaw clenched. I nodded slowly, my lips pursed together into a frown. "I haven't forgotten that".

     "Neither has Tech". And he probably never would. "And I don't expect either of you will, but he's still your brother".

Hunter nodded. Several strands of his long hair falling out to the sides of his face. He let out a deep sigh. "I know".

   "Hunter.." I lightly brushed my hand on his forearm. "I can sense your still blaming yourself for leaving him behind. And you have to stop thinking that way. There's always going to be more you could've done, but you can't change what has occurred. You can only learn from it".

His eyes searched mine for a minute before a  smile slid across his thick lips. "You've been hanging around Tech too much".

I rolled my eyes at him, elbowing him in his side. "You do realize I'm...engaged to him right? I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him. So you better get used to it". I smirked, resting my hands upon my hips.

Hundred roughly chuckled, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "That I do. And again I'm happy for you two. I couldn't imagine anyone else suited for him or you".

    "Neither could I". There would never be anyone else for me. "Thank you". My heart fluttered at his words.

    "I should be thanking you". He turned, facing me fully. I raised a confused brow up at him. "For a lot of things, but for now—thank you for understanding why we need to go after him, even if it...won't be easy".