ii: meet me in my office

Nayeon had to rub her eyes twice to make sure she wasn't seeing things at her home. Did she just see her pretty professor enter her mother's office early this morning?

There was a temptation to listen in on their conversation. She presumed they would talk about what happened yesterday.

With careful steps, she approached her mother's office and leaned, pressing her ear onto the door trying to hear anything, but in vain—she couldn't hear a thing.

"Dammit," she cursed under her breath.

She decided to maybe confront her professor.

Or better, apologize.

⁕⁕⁕

"Jihyo, how do you apologize to someone?" Nayeon asked, meeting her friend at a Quad—which became their rendezvous.

"Apologize... that's foreign hearing that word from you," Jihyo said.

"I'm serious. I'm thinking of apologizing to uh—Professor Hottie."

"Professor Hottie?"

"Yeah. You know the one I—o-offended."

"That's not her name though, it's Professor Minatozaki," Jihyo corrected.

"Okay, so, how should I apologize to her?"

Jihyo was deep in thought, but in the end she shrugged. "I don't know... by saying sorry?"

"I don't think sorry was enough."

"Hey, you never worried like this before."

Nayeon took a deep breath. "The thing is, I saw Professor Minatozaki earlier at our house. She went inside my mother's office. I tried listening in but I couldn't hear anything. What if she tell mother what I did? She seems close to her."

"No shit."

"What should I do? What if she files a complaint against me?"

"I think if ever she told your mother about the indecent joke, for sure Ms. Im will try to talk her out of it. But I think it's better to write a letter of apology, just in case."

That somehow made Nayeon feel a little hopeful.

"Thanks, Ji."

※※※

SANA

I'M SORRY.

Sana never expected to receive a brief note of apology from Nayeon and even gave it to her personally in her office.

"This is a start," she muttered, still looking at the neat handwriting.

"Professor," Nayeon called quietly.

"Hm?" Sana lifted her head to attend to Nayeon, putting the note down on her desk.

"I saw you earlier in our house, I hope you didn't tell my mother."

"Just don't do it again."

Nayeon licked her lips. "Did you tell her, or not?"

"Why do you have to know?"

"Just—answer me." There's a hint of edge in her voice.

When she thought Nayeon was humbly asking for forgiveness, here she was still showing a little attitude. Sana didn't speak at first and decided to observe her. The Chairwoman asked her a favor to get to know Nayeon and give her a chance. Although she wasn't so sure anymore. She might have made a mistake going here, she should've stayed in Japan. But she didn't want to disappoint her parents and embarrass the family by going home. She should've refused if she only knew; she should've looked into it more. But regret was always in the end.